SO Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-0.63%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||1.837|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-12.61%|
|Net Income (TTM)||1.678B|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||65.62%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||17.32%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||5.04%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- Deutsche Bank Says Stay Selective in Utilities in 2014; Rolls Forward Price Targets (DUK) (AEP) (D) (more...) Street Insider Dec 11
- Stock Market News for December 11, 2013 - Market News Zacks Dec 11
- Time to Buy Utility Stocks The Street Dec 11
- Low Prices aren't Helping this Region of the Country Fool Dec 10
- 3 Huge Energy Developments in 2013 Fool Dec 10
- Stock Market News for December 10, 2013 - Market News Zacks Dec 10
- Morgan Stanley Starts Southern Co. (SO) at Equalweight Street Insider Dec 9
- 4 Reasons Con Ed Is a Stalwart Utility Stock Fool Dec 7
- High-Yield Canadian Power Companies Prove to Be Low Volatility, High Return Investments: One of the Top 10 Equity Analyst Interviews of 2013 Wall Street Transcript Dec 6
- Southern Co (SO): Today's Featured Utilities Winner The Street Dec 6
SO Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Southern is down 3.52% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.99%, Duke Energy up 10.99%, and Dominion Resources up 27.47%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for SO
Pro Report PDF for SO
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download SO Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring SO
Did Southern make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Southern Company is a public utility holding company of primarily electric utilities in the southern United States. It is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with executive offices also located in Birmingham, Alabama. The company is currently the 16th largest utility company in the world and the fourth largest in the U.S. Through its subsidiaries it owns and operates more than 42,000 megawatts of generation capacity and serves 4.3 million customers in Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and Mississippi. Southern Company's regulated regional electric utilities serve a 120,000-square-mile territory with 27,000 miles of distribution lines. Southern Company was founded in 1945.