MKL Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||55.62%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||22.29|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-12.22%|
|Net Income (TTM)||239.05M|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||5.50%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||0.00%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- 1 Reason I Don't Own Berkshire Hathaway Stock Fool Dec 7
- Ask a Fool: Valuable Ways to Value a Company Fool Dec 6
- NY settles for college insurance refunds Dec 4
- Insider Trading Alert - CRS, BGC, ADBE, MKL And ACAS Traded By Insiders The Street Dec 4
- Insider Trading Alert - CRS, RGR, FOSL, SKT And MKL Traded By Insiders The Street Nov 29
- Markel Approves $300M Share Buyback Nov 22
- Markel Approves $300M Share Buyback - Analyst Blog Zacks Nov 22
- Markel Announces Share Repurchase Authorization noodls Nov 21
- Markel Targets $300 Million Shares in Newly Announced Program Nov 21
- Markel announces new share repurchase up to $300M Nov 21
MKL Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Markel is up 15.67% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.43%, Travelers Companies up 24.60%, and American International up 49.58%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for MKL
Pro Report PDF for MKL
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download MKL Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring MKL
Did Markel make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Markel Corp. is a financial holding company. Its principal business markets and underwrites specialty insurance products and programs. The company operates through three segments: Excess and Surplus Lines, Specialty Admitted and London markets. The Excess and Surplus Lines segment writes property and casualty insurance outside of the standard market for hard-to-place risks including catastrophe-exposed property, professional liability, products liability, general liability, commercial umbrella and other coverages tailored for unique exposures. The Specialty Admitted segment writes risks that, although unique and hard-to-place in the standard market, must remain with an admitted insurance company for marketing and regulatory reasons. The underwriting units in this segment write specialty program insurance for well-defined niche markets, personal and commercial property and liability coverages and worker's compensation insurance. The London Insurance Market segment writes specialty property, casualty, professional liability, equine, marine, energy and trade credit insurance and reinsurance on a worldwide basis. It was founded by Samuel A. Markel in 1930 and is headquartered in Glen Allen, VA.