M Key Stats
- [$$] A Stylish Payout from Macy's 6:12 AM
- Business Highlights AP May 17
- Final Glance: Department Store Retail companies May 17
- U.S. Stocks Rally for Fourth Week Amid Economic Optimism May 17
- Weekly Market Wrap: May 17, 2013 May 17
- [$$] Don't Give Nordstrom the Boot May 17
- Are These Wednesday Post-Earning Movers a Buy? May 17
- Midday Glance: Department Store Retail companies May 17
- Bloomingdale’s to Open New Honolulu Store Business Wire May 17
- Early Glance: Department Store Retail companies May 17
M Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Macy's is up 40.21% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.71%, J.C. Penney down 30.57%, and Nordstrom up 27.60%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for M
Pro Report PDF for M
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download M Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring M
Did Macy's make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Macy's, Inc. is a department store holding company and owner of Macy's and Bloomingdale's department stores. Macy's Inc.'s stores specialize mostly in retail clothing, jewelery, watches, dinnerware, and furniture. Macy's Inc. is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and operates just over 850 stores in the United States. The company's Macy's locations and related operations account for 90 percent of the company's revenue, while luxury-oriented Bloomingdale's stores and associated ventures represent the balance of the company's business. Macy's is well known for its flagship department stores, most notably in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Boston, the former Dayton's in Minneapolis, the former Kaufmann's in Pittsburgh, the former Burdine's in Miami, the former Wanamaker's in Philadelphia, and the former Marshall Field's location in Chicago and the former Famous-Barr in St. Louis. The company was formerly known as Federated Department Stores, Inc. and changed its name to Macys, Inc. in June 2007. Macys, Inc. was founded in 1820 and is based in Cincinnati, Ohio.