AVB Key Stats
- Residential REIT's: Financial Loser Jun 17
- Retail Properties of America (RPAI) Names Thomas Sargeant as Director Street Insider Jun 14
- NYC Storm-Protection Proposals Issued by Buildings Group Jun 13
- Gannett leads stronger US stocks Financial Times Jun 13
- KeyBanc Upgrades AvalonBay Communities (AVB) to Hold Street Insider Jun 13
- Great Synergy in This Multi-Family REIT Merger Fool Jun 12
- The New American Dream: Part-Time Job, Apartment Jun 10
- Implications Of Merger Deal Between Mid-America Apartment Communities Jun 8
- 5 Real Estate Stocks Moving The Industry Upward Jun 4
- AvalonBay Communities Inc (AVB): Today's Featured Real Estate Winner Jun 3
AVB Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). AvalonBay Communities is down 1.53% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 24.84%, Equity Residential down 5.94%, and Apartment Investment & Management up 8.49%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for AVB
Pro Report PDF for AVB
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download AVB Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring AVB
Did AvalonBay Communities make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is a real estate investment trust (a ""REIT"") focused on developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Midwest, Pacific Northwest, Northern California and Southern California regions of the country. As of September 30, 2011, AvalonBay owned or held an interest in 199 apartment communities containing 57,426 apartment homes in ten states and the District of Columbia, of which 15 communities were under construction and eight communities were under reconstruction. In addition, they held future development rights for 29 communities. AvalonBay Communities has elected to be taxed as a real estate investment trust and would not be subject to federal corporate income taxes if it distributes at least 90% of its taxable income to its stockholders. The company was founded in 1978 and is based in Arlington, Virginia.