The S&P 500, or just the S&P, is an American stock market index based on the market capitalizations of 500 large companies having common stock listed on the NYSE, NASDAQ, or the Cboe BZX Exchange.
- Core Index Name: S&P 500
- Return Type: Price Return
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Hedge Type: Not Hedged
Top Ten Constituents by Market Cap
Index Level Stats, Past 5 Years
|Minimum||1829.08||Feb 11 2016|
|Maximum||2954.18||Jun 20 2019|
Excel Add-In Codes
- Index Code: ^SPX
- Index Name: =YCI("^SPX","name")
- Data Point Example: =YCP("^SPX","level")
- Data Series Example: =YCS("^SPX","level","-4")
To find the codes for any of our financial metrics, see our Complete Reference of Metric Codes.
Access our powerful Excel Add-in with a YCharts Professional Membership. Learn More.