The NASDAQ Composite is a stock market index of the common stocks and similar securities listed on the NASDAQ stock market. Along with the Dow Jones Average and S&P 500 it is one of the three most-followed indices in US stock markets. The composition of the NASDAQ Composite is heavily weighted towards information technology companies. The NASDAQ-100, whose components are a subset of the NASDAQ Composite's, accounts for over 90% of the NASDAQ Composite's movement, and there are many ETFs tracking its performance.
- Core Index Name: NASDAQ Composite
- Return Type: Price Return
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Hedge Type: Not Hedged
Index Level Stats, Past 5 Years
|Minimum||4213.66||Oct 13 2014|
|Maximum||8164.00||May 03 2019|
Excel Add-In Codes
- Index Code: ^IXIC
- Index Name: =YCI("^IXIC","name")
- Data Point Example: =YCP("^IXIC","level")
- Data Series Example: =YCS("^IXIC","level","-4")
To find the codes for any of our financial metrics, see our Complete Reference of Metric Codes.
Access our powerful Excel Add-in with a YCharts Professional Membership. Learn More.