The Thomson Reuters Equal Weight Commodity Index is recognized as a major barometer of commodity prices. The index comprises 17 commodity futures that are continuously rebalanced: Cocoa, Coffee, Copper, Corn, Cotton, Crude Oil, Gold, Heating Oil, Live Cattle, Live Hogs, Natural Gas, Orange juice, Platinum, Silver, Soybeans, Sugar No. 11, and Wheat.
- Core Index Name: Thomson Reuters Equal Weight Commodity Index
- Return Type: Price Return
- Currency Code: USD
- Currency Hedge Type: Not Hedged
Index Level Stats, Past 5 Years
|Minimum||353.66||Jan 20 2016|
|Maximum||516.85||Aug 29 2014|
|Total Return||Thomson Reuters Equal Weight Commodity Index Total Return|
Excel Add-In Codes
- Index Code: ^CIB
- Index Name: =YCI("^CIB","name")
- Data Point Example: =YCP("^CIB","level")
- Data Series Example: =YCS("^CIB","level","-4")
To find the codes for any of our financial metrics, see our Complete Reference of Metric Codes.
Access our powerful Excel Add-in with a YCharts Professional Membership. Learn More.