VALE Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||11.28%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||0.85|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||112.5%|
|Net Income (TTM)||4.475B|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||49.19%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||28.40%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||0.72%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- 1 Industry to Avoid as 2014 Begins Fool Dec 7
- The 5 Fastest-Growing Countries in the World Fool Dec 7
- Why Molycorp Stock Got Cut in Half in 2013 Fool Dec 7
- BHP Billiton: Growing With The Chinese Demand Seeking Alpha Dec 6
- Here's What the Biggest Hedge Fund Has Been Buying Fool Dec 5
- Vale SA (VALE): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner The Street Dec 5
- Vale Tightens Its Belt Fool Dec 5
- Vale Amazon iron ore output limited by rail capacity -official Reuters Dec 5
- Vale (VALE) Leading In Pre-Market Activity The Street Dec 5
- Vale: Tax Settlement, Capital Discipline And $4 Billion Dividend Offer Upside Seeking Alpha Dec 4
VALE Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Vale is down 10.15% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.68%, Rio Tinto up 6.45%, and BHP Billiton down 4.49%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for VALE
Pro Report PDF for VALE
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download VALE Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring VALE
Did Vale make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Vale S.A. is a Brazilian diversified mining multinational corporation and one of the largest logistics operators in Brazil. In addition to being the second-largest mining company in the world, Vale is also the largest producer of iron ore, pellets, and second largest of nickel. Vale also produces manganese, ferroalloys, copper, bauxite, potash, kaolin, alumina and aluminium. In the electric energy sector, the company participates in consortia and currently operates nine hydroelectric plants. Vale is engaged in the mineral exploration in 24 countries around the globe. In addition, the Company operates logistics systems in Brazil, including railroads, maritime terminals and ports, which are integrated with its mining operations and it has a maritime freight portfolio to transport iron ore. Through affiliates and joint ventures, Vale also operates in the generation and supply of energy and steelmaking sector. The Company operates in more than 38 countries, including mineral exploration activities in 21 countries. The company was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.