VALE Key Stats
- People Are Losing It May 22
- This Is Incredibly Bullish Behavior May 22
- 5 Hold-Rated Dividend Stocks: RWT, RPAI, NRF, VALE, BMO May 22
- Vale SA Stock Hold Recommendation Reiterated (VALE) May 21
- Vale Has Substantial Upside Potential May 20
- Mining Giants Face Reality Of Soft Global Demand May 20
- Vale SA (VALE): Today's Featured Metals & Mining Winner May 20
- Iron Ore: The Market and Main Players Fool May 20
- Vale's Coal Woes Continue... For Now May 20
- Cliffs Still Has a Long Way to Climb Fool May 17
VALE Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Vale is down 8.91% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.33%, BHP Billiton up 9.78%, and Cliffs Natural Resources down 57.22%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for VALE
Pro Report PDF for VALE
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download VALE Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring VALE
Did Vale make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Vale S.A. is a Brazilian diversified mining multinational corporation and one of the largest logistics operators in Brazil. In addition to being the second-largest mining company in the world, Vale is also the largest producer of iron ore, pellets, and second largest of nickel. Vale also produces manganese, ferroalloys, copper, bauxite, potash, kaolin, alumina and aluminium. In the electric energy sector, the company participates in consortia and currently operates nine hydroelectric plants. Vale is engaged in the mineral exploration in 24 countries around the globe. In addition, the Company operates logistics systems in Brazil, including railroads, maritime terminals and ports, which are integrated with its mining operations and it has a maritime freight portfolio to transport iron ore. Through affiliates and joint ventures, Vale also operates in the generation and supply of energy and steelmaking sector. The Company operates in more than 38 countries, including mineral exploration activities in 21 countries. The company was founded in 1942 and is based in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.