RIO Key Stats
- Cliffs Natural Resources v. Casablanca Capital: No End in Sight Yahoo 03/07 15:48 ET
- Rio Tinto Speculation Boosts Turquoise Hill Prospects Yahoo 03/07 13:35 ET
- Optimism Around Alcoa May Be Excessive Yahoo 03/07 12:21 ET
- LONDON MARKETS: FTSE 100 Drops 1.4% On Week As Miners, Banks Fall Dow Jones 03/07 12:15 ET
- LONDON MARKETS: FTSE 100 Eyes 0.6% Weekly Drop As Miners Fall Dow Jones 03/07 05:24 ET
- Why Turquoise Hill Resources (TRQ) Is Gaining Today The Street 03/07 05:18 ET
- Rio Tinto Plc's 2 Greatest Strengths Yahoo 03/07 04:59 ET
- Steel is Keeping this Miner Down Yahoo 03/06 12:51 ET
- Happy birthday, QE: 6 charts on U.K’s 5-year recovery Other 03/06 09:00 ET
- Vedanta Resources Names Former Rio Tinto Chief as Its New CEO Dow Jones 03/06 02:40 ET
|Apr 15||Misc||Rio Tinto Limited Annual General Meeting - Melbourne|
RIO Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Rio Tinto is up 6.33% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 24.21%, Vale down 28.65%, and BHP Billiton down 6.39%.
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for RIO
Pro Report PDF for RIO
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download RIO Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring RIO
Did Rio Tinto make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
- Sector: Basic Materials
- Industry: Industrial Metals & Minerals
- Headquarters Country: United Kingdom
- Headquarters State/Province: N/A
- Incorporation Country: United Kingdom
- Incorporation State/Province: N/A
The Rio Tinto Group is a diversified, British-Australian, multinational mining and resources group with headquarters in London and Melbourne. The company was founded in 1873, when a multinational consortium of investors purchased a mine complex on the Rio Tinto river, in Huelva, Spain from the Spanish government. Since then, the company has grown through a long series of mergers and acquisitions to place itself among the world leaders in the production of many commodities, including aluminium, iron ore, copper, uranium, coal, and diamonds. Although primarily focused on extraction of minerals, Rio Tinto also has significant operations in refining, particularly for refining bauxite and iron ore. The company has operations on six continents but is mainly concentrated in Australia and Canada, and owns gross assets valued at $81 billion through a complex web of wholly and partly owned subsidiaries. Its head office in the United Kingdom is in the City of Westminster, London, while its Australian head office is in the City of Melbourne.