NSC Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||4.86%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||5.696|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||23.39%|
|Net Income (TTM)||1.81B|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||64.24%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||17.07%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||2.37%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- CNI Foresees Earnings Growth in 2014 - Analyst Blog Zacks Dec 11
- Three more worthy causes to benefit from Norfolk Southern's art sale PR Newswire Dec 9
- See How Norfolk Southern Ranks Among Analysts' Top Picks With Strong Buyback Activity The Street Dec 9
- Off the Charts The Street Dec 9
- New Lifetime High For Norfolk Southern Corporation (NSC) The Street Dec 6
- 3 Dividend-Paying Railroad Stocks For 2014 Seeking Alpha Dec 5
- ModernGraham Valuation Of Norfolk Southern Seeking Alpha Dec 5
- 5 Stocks Raising The Transportation Industry Higher The Street Dec 5
- Norfolk Southern Management Presents at Credit Suisse Global Industrials Conference (Transcript) Seeking Alpha Dec 4
- The Better Buy: CSX, Norfolk Southern, Or Union Pacific? Seeking Alpha Nov 27
NSC Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Norfolk Southern is up 46.71% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 26.86%, CSX up 43.60%, and Union Pacific up 31.33%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for NSC
Pro Report PDF for NSC
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download NSC Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring NSC
Did Norfolk Southern make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
The Norfolk Southern Corporation is a publicly traded stock corporation based in Norfolk, Virginia. It is the holding company for the Norfolk Southern Railway, a major Class I railroad system. The company was formed in 1982 to control the Norfolk and Western Railway as well as the Southern Railway as well as various others. They were all merged in 1990 to form the NS. As of December 31, 2010, the company operated approximately 20,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal and industrial products. The company was founded in 1883.