NSC Key Stats
- 8 Things to Know About Union Pacific Stock Fool May 21
- Are These Railroad Stocks Still Worth Owning? Fool May 21
- Norfolk Southern Chief Information Officer to address Wolfe Research 6th Annual ... May 20
- Ready To Move Your Cash Into This Bull Market? Consider These Dividend Stocks May 16
- Play the Coal Rebound With These Stocks Fool May 16
- InPlay: Norfolk Southern announced that it has extended the expiration date of i... May 16
- Norfolk Southern extends registered exchange offer PR Newswire May 16
- NORFOLK SOUTHERN CORP Files SEC form 8-K, Other Events, Financial Statements and... May 16
- 8 Industrial Strength Stocks With Dividend Growth May 14
- Norfolk Southern Reaches New 52-Week High (NSC) May 14
NSC Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Norfolk Southern Corporation is up 25.93% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 31.95%, CSX up 29.12%, and Union Pacific up 51.01%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for NSC
Pro Report PDF for NSC
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download NSC Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring NSC
Did Norfolk Southern Corporation make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
The Norfolk Southern Corporation is a publicly traded stock corporation based in Norfolk, Virginia. It is the holding company for the Norfolk Southern Railway, a major Class I railroad system. The company was formed in 1982 to control the Norfolk and Western Railway as well as the Southern Railway as well as various others. They were all merged in 1990 to form the NS. As of December 31, 2010, the company operated approximately 20,000 route miles in 22 states and the District of Columbia, serves every major container port in the eastern United States, and provides efficient connections to other rail carriers. Norfolk Southern operates the most extensive intermodal network in the East and is a major transporter of coal and industrial products. The company was founded in 1883.