MPC Key Stats
- Don’t Miss Out on These Energy Stocks May 25
- [video] Refiners Continue Their Bull Run May 24
- Benjamin Graham's Rules For The Common Stock Component: Marathon Petroleum Corpo... May 24
- Dicker: Refiners Continue Their Bull Run May 24
- Energy stocks decline; Marathon asset sale fizzles May 23
- Marathon Oil Scales 52-Week High - Analyst Blog Zacks May 23
- Marathon Oil Scales 52-Week High May 23
- Audiocast: Big Marathon Petroleum bet May 23
- Oil Revolt Generates $35 Billion as Icahn-Singer Agitate May 22
- U.S. cash crude differentials weaker on first day of roll trade May 22
MPC Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Marathon Petroleum is up 134.4% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 27.77%, Valero Energy Corporation up 102.8%, and Western Refining up 76.09%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for MPC
Pro Report PDF for MPC
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download MPC Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring MPC
Did Marathon Petroleum make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Marathon Petroleum Corporation is a U.S. based oil refining, marketing, and pipeline transport company. The company was formed as a subsidiary on September 1, 2005, from the former Marathon Ashland Petroleum, LLC, and is based in Findlay, Ohio. Marathon Petroleum operated as a subsidiary of the Marathon Oil Corporation until July 1, 2011. MPC is the nation’s fifth largest transportation fuels refiner and the largest refiner in the Midwest. MPC’s refining, marketing and transportation operations are concentrated primarily in the Midwest, Gulf Coast and Southeast regions of the U.S. The company is headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. Marathon Petroleum Corporation operates independently of Marathon Oil Corporation as of July 1, 2011.