CAT Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-18.38%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||5.251|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-42.91%|
|Net Income (TTM)||3.483B|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||27.18%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||7.05%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||2.81%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- Caterpillar, Inc. (CAT) Declares $0.60 Quarterly Dividend; 2.8% Yield Street Insider 10:44 AM
- Will Caterpillar Bounce Back in 2014? Fool Dec 10
- Caterpillar Sells Business for $130 million and General Motors Enters a New Era Fool Dec 10
- 5 Stocks Moving The Industrial Industry Upward The Street Dec 10
- Will Joy Global Follow Caterpillar's Lead and Announce Layoffs This Week? Fool Dec 9
- [video] Options Action: Bullish bet on AGCO CNBC Dec 9
- S&P 500 closes at record high CNBC Dec 9
- Why Manitowoc Shares Jumped 5% Today Fool Dec 9
- Morning Dow Report: Caterpillar Climbs, McDonald's Misses, and Verizon Makes a Buy Fool Dec 9
- Will Joy Global Earnings Hold up Better Than Deere and Caterpillar? Fool Dec 9
CAT Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Caterpillar is up 0.74% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 29.19%, Deere & Co up 4.34%, and Joy Global down 5.59%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for CAT
Pro Report PDF for CAT
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download CAT Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring CAT
Did Caterpillar make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Caterpillar Inc., also known as "CAT", designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery and engines and sells financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's largest manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines. With more than US$70 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500. Caterpillar stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. It was formerly known as Caterpillar Tractor Co. and changed its name to Caterpillar Inc. in 1986. Caterpillar Inc. was founded in 1925 and is headquartered in Peoria, Illinois.