CAT Key Stats
- Caterpillar's Struggle After Its First Quarter Slump Fool 10:30 AM
- The Perfect Time to Get This Stock on Your Radar Fool May 21
- Why You Should Hold Off on This Stock for Now Fool May 21
- Billion-Dollar Fund Doubles Down on a Rebounding Economy Fool May 21
- 2 hot sectors and 1 golden rule for the S&P 500 'melt-up' May 21
- The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: Caterpillar, Skechers, Iconix Brand Group, Fr... May 21
- Buckle Up for More Retail Earnings May 21
- Ask a Fool: Buy, Sell, or Hold Caterpillar? May 20
- [$$] Caterpillar to Resume Talks With Steelworkers May 20
- Caterpillar, Milwaukee workers union to resume contract talks May 20
CAT Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Caterpillar is down 1.24% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.56%, Deere up 17.92%, and Joy Global down 9.62%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for CAT
Pro Report PDF for CAT
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download CAT Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring CAT
Did Caterpillar make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Caterpillar Inc., also known as "CAT", designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery and engines and sells financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world's largest manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines. With more than US$70 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500. Caterpillar stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. It was formerly known as Caterpillar Tractor Co. and changed its name to Caterpillar Inc. in 1986. Caterpillar Inc. was founded in 1925 and is headquartered in Peoria, Illinois.