AU Key Stats
- Emerging Markets Evening Roundup: Brazil's Stagflation Fears; South Africa's Lab... May 21
- Notable 52-Week Highs and Lows of the Day 05/15: (JASO) (RSOL) (TSO) High; (AU) ... May 20
- Gold, Silver Explode on Huge Reversal (Update 1) May 20
- AngloGold Ashanti (AU) Shares Enter Oversold Territory May 20
- Gold Falls, South African Miners Fall More as Workers Seek Big Raise May 20
- Gold Prices Dip, Silver Hits 2010 Low May 20
- Call seller leaves AngloGold for dead May 20
- AAPL, GOOG, BRCM Tops in Credit Suisse's 'Wearables' Worldview May 17
- Anglogold Ashanti Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (AU) May 17
- Stocks to Watch: Aruba Networks, J.C. Penney, Sina May 17
AU Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Anglogold Ashanti is down 52.68% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.94%, Barrick Gold Corporation down 48.13%, and Newmont Mining Corporation down 30.69%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for AU
Pro Report PDF for AU
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download AU Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring AU
Did Anglogold Ashanti make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
AngloGold Ashanti Limited primarily engages in the exploration and production of gold. It also produces silver, uranium oxide, and sulfuric acid. The company conducts gold-mining operations in South Africa; continental Africa, including Ghana, Guinea, Mali, Namibia, and Tanzania; Australia; and the Americas, which include Argentina, Brazil, and the United States. It also has mining or exploration operations in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guinea, and Colombia. Headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, AngloGold Ashanti has 20 operations on four continents and several exploration programmes in both the established and new gold producing regions of the world. AngloGold Ashanti employed 62,046 people, including contractors, in 2010 and produced 4.52Moz of gold (2009: 4.60Moz), generating $5.3bn in gold income (2009: $3.8bn). Capital expenditure in 2010 amounted to $1,015m (2009: $1,027m). As at 31 December 2010, AngloGold Ashanti’s Ore Reserve totalled 71.2Moz.