Equity (Stock) Data< Browse all Support Topics
YCharts' deepest and most complete data is in Equities. We seek to be a window into a company's operations, and can compete with the best products in the world for investors and business decision makers who need individual equity data.
Available Company Data
We have up to 50 Years of End of Day Pricing Data and 30 Years of fundamental data, both provided by Morningstar, for approximately 20,000 companies. Intraday pricing data is provided by BATs Exchanges, and current and weekly historical estimates are provided by S&P Global.
We cover companies listed on the following exchanges:
NYSE | NASDAQ | AMEX | OTCBB | PINK
CNSX | TSX | TSXV | NEO
Available Standard Calculations
Our system runs more than 4,000 calculations for each company with sufficient data every day. Historical calculation is available going back as far as the fundamental data used within the calculation will allow.
Our calculations cover all of the following concepts:
- Annual and Quarterly Growth and Per Share calculations for all financial line items (Trailing Twelve Month calculations as well for Income Statement and Cash Flows Statement numbers)
- Returns, Performance and Momentum
- Risk Metrics: Standard Deviation, Beta, and Max Drawdown
- Valuation - Price and Enterprise Value Multiples, as well as Yields
- Profitability (Margin Analysis)
- Management Effectiveness (ROE, ROA, ROIC, DSO, DPO, etc.)
- Institutional and Insider Ownership
- Liquidity & Solvency
- Shareholder Friendliness (Payout Ratios, Shareholder Yields, etc.)
- Earnings Management
- Miscellaneous metrics (Altman Z Score, Piotroski F Score, etc.)
Speed of Updates
- Intraday Pricing Data: Updated every 1-3 minutes for US exchanges, ~ 15 minutes for Canadian exchanges
- Open High Low Close Pricing Data: Generally updated before market open the day after
- Fundamental Data: For companies in the S&P 500, it is updated before market open the day after release. For many smaller and international companies, updates can take up to 10 days.1
- Estimates Data: Most recent estimates are updated daily before market open.
- Standard Calculations: Latest numbers are run each day before market open based on yesterday's close price. Certain price-based calculations (eg. PE Ratio) are updated intraday in most parts of the site - the notable exception is the Stock Screener.
(1) Please recognize that data from press-releases is often partial (especially for the statement of cash flows). We will receive these partial financials when companies file their full 10-Q or 10-K with the SEC.
Can't find the answer here?
Contact us. (9am-6pm ET).