Celebrating a Uniquely Talented and Inspirational Workforce
BNY Mellon releases sequel to award-winning People Report
NEW YORK, March 30, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The BNY Mellon 2017 People Report showcases how more than 50,000 people are powering investment success and improving lives.
BNY Mellon is proud to announce the release of its second-annual People Report, which tells the story of how more than 50,000 of the brightest, most innovative minds in the financial services industry are working together to improve lives through investing.
With the war for talent increasingly waged globally and change in the global financial markets moving at an unprecedented pace, the report showcases how investing in people is paying off for the Investments Company for the World. Leveraging a rich diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, skills and experiences, BNY Mellon's high-performing global team is driving innovation and digital transformation at a 233-year-old investments company.
"The key is to build the very best team, harness the collective wisdom of all people and hold everyone accountable for results," said Gerald Hassell, BNY Mellon Chairman and CEO. "That's what we do at BNY Mellon – we leverage our world-class talent and unique position in the financial marketplace to provide solutions that power investment success and improve the lives of countless people around the world every day."
The report features dozens of BNY Mellon employees and collaborative teams, highlighting efforts and accomplishments realized in the last year. From paving the way for today's ambitious talent to become tomorrow's global leaders and reimagining workspaces to encourage out-of-the-box thinking, to deploying bots that boost productivity and accuracy and leveraging an expansive corporate art collection to inspire fresh perspectives and new ways to think about technology, it's been a remarkable winning journey.
"Our people are truly our greatest asset," said Monique R. Herena, Chief Human Resources Officer and Senior Executive Vice President, BNY Mellon. "The new report illustrates how our people lead, innovate and collaborate to positively impact our company and our clients, and serve as an inspiration to others around the world."
The 2017 People Report explores talent through five elements:
- Lead: Invested in blazing new paths to prosperity – BNY Mellon information technologists are digitalizing the Wealth Management business, enabling BNY Mellon wealth advisors to deliver a distinctive and differentiated client experience.
- Innovate: Invested in the digital transformation of our business – At its two newest Innovation Centers in Singapore and Pittsburgh, BNY Mellon teams are bringing FinTechs and clients together to collaborate on breakthrough solutions.
- Impact: Invested in making a sustainable difference – Diversity and Inclusion at BNY Mellon takes a progressive, market-leading approach. "Diversity and Inclusion 2.0" (D&I 2.0) aligns D&I objectives with strategic business priorities and client service goals, and places greater emphasis on inclusion that empowers our people to show up, fully, at work, and achieve their full potential.
- Collaborate: Invested in working together – Clients want empowering solutions that open paths to greater growth and profitability. With NEXENSM, BNY Mellon is collaborating with clients like world-class asset managers to develop new solutions that improve the investment process by putting the power of technology and data at their fingertips.
- Inspire: Invested in a bright and secure future – BNY Mellon is forging new institutional asset classes and developing innovative solutions that make it easier for investors around the world to access and invest in assets previously unavailable to them.
The inaugural version of the BNY Mellon People Report, released in 2016, won three industry awards as well as the American Graphic Design Award for its achievements in online employee engagement, quality content, digital design and mobile-first technology.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. As of December 31, 2016, BNY Mellon had $29.9 trillion in assets under custody and/or administration, and $1.6 trillion in assets under management. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments. BNY Mellon is the corporate brand of The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (NYSE: BK). Additional information is available on www.bnymellon.com. Follow us on Twitter @BNYMellon or visit our newsroom at www.bnymellon.com/newsroom for the latest company news.
Contact: Amanda Changuris
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/celebrating-a-uniquely-talented-and-inspirational-workforce-300431418.html
SOURCE BNY Mellon