FirstEnergy Pennsylvania Utilities Encourage Customers to Arrange Payment Plans and Apply for Bill Assistance Programs
Programs can help alleviate growing balances for customers having financial difficulty
GREENSBURG, Pa., Oct. 22, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Residential customers of Penelec, Penn Power, Met-Ed and West Penn Power, subsidiaries of FirstEnergy Corp. (NYSE: FE), who are having difficulty making ends meet are encouraged to contact their utility now to enroll in payment plans or to receive referrals for bill assistance programs. Establishing an affordable payment arrangement or obtaining assistance can help keep balances manageable now that shut-offs for nonpayment have resumed.
"The pandemic has greatly increased financial hardships among our Pennsylvania customers," said Scott Wyman, president of Pennsylvania Operations for FirstEnergy. "Customers who have lost income during this crisis and who are behind on their utility bills may be eligible for assistance that was unavailable to them before."
Programs customers may be eligible to participate in include:
- The Pennsylvania Customer Assistance Program (PCAP): Helps residential customers maintain electric service through debt forgiveness and percentage of income payment plans. This program is administered through the Dollar Energy Fund. To apply, call 1-800-282-6816 or visit https://www.dollarenergy.org/myapp/.
- The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): This program is administered by PA Department of Human Services and can provide payment directly to the utility company to help with heating bills or to help maintain or restore service. The program opened October 18, 2021. To apply, call 1-866-857-7095 or visit http://www.compass.state.pa.us.
- The Dollar Energy Fund (DEF): This program can provide payment directly to the utility company to help maintain or restore service. The program opened October 1, 2021. To apply, visit https://www.dollarenergy.org/need-help/application-process/ or call 1-800-683-7036.
- 2-1-1 Helpline: This nationwide resource and information helpline identifies locally available programs that may assist customers with utility bills or other needs. For more information dial 2-1-1, text your ZIP code to 898211 or visit the 2-1-1 website.
- Due to the hardships that customers are facing because of the coronavirus pandemic, various agencies are offering special grants and assistance programs to help eligible residential customers with their utility payments, rent, or mortgage. Visit https://www.compass.state.pa.us for information on the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Homeowners should visit https://www.phfa.org/.
For a complete list of assistance programs for which customers may be eligible, including installment payment plans and budget billing, please visit www.firstenergycorp.com/billassist, or call customer service:
Penn Power 1-800-720-3600
West Penn Power 1-800-686-0021
West Penn Power serves approximately 720,000 customers within 10,400 square miles of central and southwestern Pennsylvania. Follow West Penn Power on Twitter @W_Penn_Power and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/WestPennPower.
FirstEnergy is dedicated to integrity, safety, reliability and operational excellence. Its 10 electric distribution companies form one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, serving customers in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland and New York. The company's transmission subsidiaries operate approximately 24,000 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions. Follow FirstEnergy online at www.firstenergycorp.com. Follow FirstEnergy on Twitter: @FirstEnergyCorp.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/firstenergy-pennsylvania-utilities-encourage-customers-to-arrange-payment-plans-and-apply-for-bill-assistance-programs-301406843.html
SOURCE FirstEnergy Corp.
FirstEnergy's (FE) Q3 Earnings & Revenues Beat Estimates
Yahoo 10/29 13:31 ET
FirstEnergy (FE) Q3 Earnings and Revenues Top Estimates
Yahoo 10/28 17:45 ET
FirstEnergy Names Camilo Serna Vice President, Rates and Regulatory Affairs
Yahoo 10/28 16:34 ET
FirstEnergy Announces Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results
PR Newswire 10/28 16:20 ET
Toledo Edison Celebrates 100th Anniversary of Powering Northwest Ohio Communities
PR Newswire 10/27 15:40 ET
FirstEnergy Donates 520 Trees to Rittman Nature Preserve
PR Newswire 10/27 15:19 ET
FirstEnergy Reminds Customers to Stay Safe This Halloween Season
Yahoo 10/27 14:43 ET
What Makes FirstEnergy (FE) a New Buy Stock
Yahoo 10/26 12:00 ET
Helicopters, Infrared Technology Used to Complete Proactive Inspections of High-Voltage Power Lines in Ohio Edison Service Territory
Yahoo 10/26 11:59 ET
Construction Underway on New FirstEnergy High-Voltage Line to Support Growing Electric Vehicle Industry in Lordstown
Yahoo 10/25 15:55 ET