Sales Development Representative
The Sales Development Representative (SDR) role is intended to be an entry level position. SDRs are responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities – powering the YCharts sales engine. The SDR will manage the inbound lead activity, qualify active buying interest, and develop opportunities in prospect accounts. The SDR will implement a prospecting process that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up.
The position offers an opportunity to work with amazing co-workers who are building a differentiated and compelling product. We have a great work/life balance, quarterly team activities, and a casual working environment with professional work ethics. Compensation includes a competitive base salary plus commission and 100% employer covered health, vision and dental insurance.
- Prospect, qualify, and develop accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready meetings for the team
- Learn the YCharts product and competitive landscape so that you successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Desire and willingness to spend a significant portion of the day cold-calling with energy and positive attitude
- Good interpersonal and phone skills
- A strong and determined work ethic
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- Sales training and cold-calling experience is a plus
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, or Economics is helpful along with a healthy curiosity of the financial markets
YCharts – the fastest growing online financial data platform – has quickly become a go-to solution for investment professionals, portfolio managers, and wealth advisors. We are a venture-funded company with offices in Chicago and New York City. The Sales Development Position is based in our Chicago office.
Our team’s backgrounds include work and education at Google, Tribune Company, Goldman Sachs, FactSet, the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, and The Wall Street Journal. We are flexible with hours, vacation, dress, and career paths, but we have a passion for disrupting the financial software market. If this sounds like a good fit for you - and you meet the requirements - we strongly encourage you to apply.
To apply, please click "Apply Now" below and include a cover letter with a description of your interest in this position.