Software Engineering Intern, Summer 2018
If you're an undergrad interested in getting experience with cutting-edge web technologies at a fast-growing startup, look no further. As a software engineering intern at YCharts, you'd join our small team and work on code that will be used in the real world by our massive user base. Along the way, you'd help us solve interesting technical problems related to processing and analyzing billions of financial data points for our high performance web application. Our ideal candidate has some programming experience and is eager to learn new skills and technologies.
What do interns at YCharts do?
We always give our interns a big project working on real, shipping software. In the past we have had interns build a micro service in Node.js that lives to this day. We have had interns implement complete new features that they had the chance to bring through the entire SDLC lifecycle.
At YCharts, we'll give you a lot to do, and we'll expect you to deliver something great.
- Code in Python/Django to build new features for and or improve existing sections of our large-scale, financial data web application
- Some experience or coursework in web development or programming
- Experience with a dynamic language (Python, Ruby) preferably in the context of a web framework (Django, Rails) is welcomed but not necessary (we will teach you).
- Competitive salary
- Sunny, spacious office
- Fridge stocked with food and drinks
- Fancy espresso machine / coffee supply
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Company Outtings
- Relaxed company culture (no dress code, flexible hours, etc)
- Prorated salary
To apply, please click "Apply Now" below and include a cover letter with a description of your interest in this position.