WLT Key Stats
- [$$] The Latest Habits of the Smart and Dumb Money May 23
- Coal gains on natural gas in power generation May 23
- Insiders Are Snapping Up These Stocks -- Should You? May 23
- A Rocky Road For Met Coal May 23
- Insiders Are Buying These 2 Stocks Heavily...Should You? Fool May 22
- Insiders Buy the Holdings of XME May 22
- Gone Bottom-Fishin' May 22
- Four Insider Buys in the Consumer Discretionary Sector May 21
- Walter Energy Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (WLT) May 21
- [video] Bull Market Won't Buck Ride May 21
WLT Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Walter Energy is down 61.29% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.33%, Peabody Energy Corporation down 11.42%, and Arch Coal down 22.73%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for WLT
Pro Report PDF for WLT
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download WLT Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring WLT
Did Walter Energy make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Walter Energy, Inc., with its corporate and U.S. headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama and its Canadian & U.K. headquarters in Vancouver, British Columbia, is the world's leading, publicly traded "pure play" metallurgical coal producer for the global steel industry. The Company also produces steam coal and industrial coal, anthracite, metallurgical coke, and coal bed methane gas. While currently operating from both its U.S. and Canadian & U.K. headquarters, the Company has said it is exploring alternative cities to host its corporate headquarters after closing its Tampa office on June 30, 2011, but has not yet made an announcement on a new location. Current Interim CEO Joe Leonard resumed his role on August 1, 2011 after serving as the Company's Interim CEO from March 2010 until April 1, 2011. It changed its name from Walter Industries, Inc. to Walter Energy, Inc. in April 2009. Walter Energy was founded by James Willis Walter in November 1946.