WLP Key Stats
- New WellPoint CEO streamlines insurer's business May 21
- WellPoint Reaches New 52-Week High (WLP) May 21
- Insurance Industry Stock Outlook - May 2013 - Industry Outlook Zacks May 21
- Insurance Industry Stock Outlook - May 2013 - Zacks Analyst Interviews Zacks May 21
- WellPoint Inc. Presents at UBS Global Healthcare Conference, May-20-2013 11:00 A... May 20
- WELLPOINT, INC Files SEC form 8-K, Change in Directors or Principal Officers, Fi... May 20
- If Perception Is Reality, Then Obamacare Will Crush Small Business May 17
- THC to Refinance Senior Notes May 17
- THC to Refinance Senior Notes - Analyst Blog Zacks May 17
- WellPoint Keeps Q2 Dividend Steady Fool May 16
WLP Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). WellPoint is up 18.71% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.68%, Aetna up 50.37%, and UnitedHealth Group up 13.86%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for WLP
Pro Report PDF for WLP
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download WLP Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring WLP
Did WellPoint make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
WellPoint, Inc. is the largest health plan company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The company is licensed to conduct insurance operations in all 50 states. WellPoint offers network-based managed care plans to the large and small employer, individual, Medicaid and senior markets. The company also provides an array of specialty and other products and services, including life and disability insurance benefits, pharmacy benefit management (PBM), specialty pharmacy, dental, vision, behavioral health benefit services, radiology benefit management, analytics-driven personal health care guidance, long-term care insurance and flexible spending accounts. It markets its products through a network of independent agents and brokers, as well as through in-house sales force. It was formed when WellPoint Health Networks, Inc. merged into Anthem, Inc., with the surviving Anthem adopting the name, WellPoint, Inc. and began trading its common stock under the WLP symbol on December 1, 2004. On April 13, 2009 it was announced that WellPoint had reached a definitive agreement under which St. Louis based Express Scripts will acquire WellPoint's NextRx subsidiaries for $4.675 billion. The company was founded in 1944 and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.