WLP Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||17.04%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||9.202|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||0.47%|
|Net Income (TTM)||2.806B|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||3.65%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||1.65%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- 5 With Upcoming Ex-Dividend Dates: DCI, WR, CHS, HRB, WLP The Street Dec 4
- Obamacare Enrollment: 3 Things to Expect in December Fool Dec 3
- WellPoint (WLP) Flagged As Today's Pre-Market Laggard The Street Dec 3
- WellPoint Inc (WLP): Today's Featured Health Services Winner The Street Dec 2
- 5 Health Services Stocks Pushing Industry Growth The Street Dec 2
- Obamacare Generation Gap: Why Young People Will Make or Break the Affordable Care Act Fool Nov 30
- Managed Care Delivers in Q3, 2014 Outlook in Flux; PTs Raised on Aetna (AET), UnitedHealth (UNH), Wellpoint (WLP) Street Insider Nov 25
- WellPoint Downgraded to Neutral - Analyst Blog Zacks Nov 25
- Do These Delays Deal an Irreparable Blow to Obamacare? Fool Nov 24
- Will the Obamacare Website Woes Defang the Obamacare Penalties? Fool Nov 24
WLP Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). WellPoint is up 64.80% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.90%, UnitedHealth Group up 40.05%, and Aetna up 53.75%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for WLP
Pro Report PDF for WLP
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download WLP Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring WLP
Did WellPoint make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
WellPoint, Inc. is the largest health plan company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The company is licensed to conduct insurance operations in all 50 states. WellPoint offers network-based managed care plans to the large and small employer, individual, Medicaid and senior markets. The company also provides an array of specialty and other products and services, including life and disability insurance benefits, pharmacy benefit management (PBM), specialty pharmacy, dental, vision, behavioral health benefit services, radiology benefit management, analytics-driven personal health care guidance, long-term care insurance and flexible spending accounts. It markets its products through a network of independent agents and brokers, as well as through in-house sales force. It was formed when WellPoint Health Networks, Inc. merged into Anthem, Inc., with the surviving Anthem adopting the name, WellPoint, Inc. and began trading its common stock under the WLP symbol on December 1, 2004. On April 13, 2009 it was announced that WellPoint had reached a definitive agreement under which St. Louis based Express Scripts will acquire WellPoint's NextRx subsidiaries for $4.675 billion. The company was founded in 1944 and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.