WLP Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||17.04%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||9.202|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||0.47%|
|Net Income (TTM)||2.806B|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||3.65%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||1.65%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- Aetna Boosts Dividend - Analyst Blog Zacks Dec 9
- 5 Health Services Stocks On The Rise The Street Dec 9
- 3 Obamacare Numbers That Really Don't Count (And 1 That Absolutely Does) Fool Dec 8
- 3 Big Impacts From Obamacare on America's Largest Health Insurers Fool Dec 7
- Obamacare Subsidies: How an Extra $1 in Income Can Cost You Thousands Fool Dec 7
- 'Marriage Penalty' in Obamacare Could Make You "Significiantly Worse Off": AEI's Hassett The Daily Ticker Dec 6
- ObamaCare Raises Health Insurance Premiums, Especially For The Young Forbes Dec 5
- Obamacare Tops October Sign-Ups in First 2 December Days Dec 4
- 5 With Upcoming Ex-Dividend Dates: DCI, WR, CHS, HRB, WLP The Street Dec 4
- Health Exchange Insurer Bug Fixed as 1 Million Try Site Dec 3
WLP Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). WellPoint is up 63.79% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.68%, UnitedHealth Group up 40.18%, and Aetna up 56.09%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for WLP
Pro Report PDF for WLP
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download WLP Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring WLP
Did WellPoint make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
WellPoint, Inc. is the largest health plan company in the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association. The company is licensed to conduct insurance operations in all 50 states. WellPoint offers network-based managed care plans to the large and small employer, individual, Medicaid and senior markets. The company also provides an array of specialty and other products and services, including life and disability insurance benefits, pharmacy benefit management (PBM), specialty pharmacy, dental, vision, behavioral health benefit services, radiology benefit management, analytics-driven personal health care guidance, long-term care insurance and flexible spending accounts. It markets its products through a network of independent agents and brokers, as well as through in-house sales force. It was formed when WellPoint Health Networks, Inc. merged into Anthem, Inc., with the surviving Anthem adopting the name, WellPoint, Inc. and began trading its common stock under the WLP symbol on December 1, 2004. On April 13, 2009 it was announced that WellPoint had reached a definitive agreement under which St. Louis based Express Scripts will acquire WellPoint's NextRx subsidiaries for $4.675 billion. The company was founded in 1944 and is based in Indianapolis, Indiana.