WBK Key Stats
- Asian stocks mixed in cautious trade ahead of US jobs Dec 6
- 28 November 2013 Westpac named one of Australia's most innovative companies noodls Nov 28
- Moody's assigns definitive Aaa rating to Westpac Banking Corporation's Covered Bond Series 2013-C5 Moody's Nov 26
- Spotlight on Thailand as political strife escalates Nov 25
- Suncorp-Metway Ltd. -- Moody's: Australian banks well placed to manage challenges Nov 25
- 22 November 2013 Westpac takes lead in Fixed Income as the No. 1 Domestic Bank of Choice noodls Nov 25
- Should You Stay Invested in Mitsubishi UFJ? - Analyst Blog Zacks Nov 22
- Asian shares mostly higher; Nikkei at new 6-month high Nov 22
- Moody's assigns definitive Aaa rating to Westpac Banking Corporation's Covered Bond Series 2013-C4 Moody's Nov 21
- Deutsche Bank Downgraded to Neutral - Analyst Blog Zacks Nov 20
WBK Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Westpac Banking is up 13.00% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.68%, National Australia Bank up 25.43%, and Australia and New Zealand up 13.13%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for WBK
Pro Report PDF for WBK
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download WBK Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring WBK
Did Westpac Banking make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Westpac, is a multinational financial services, one of the Australian "big four" banks and the second-largest bank in New Zealand. Westpac Banking Corporation was founded in 1817 and was the first bank established in Australia. Westpac began trading on 8 April, 1817 as the Bank of New South Wales with a single office in Macquarie Place, Sydney. In 1982, with the merger of the Commercial Bank of Australia, it changed its name to Westpac Banking Corporation. On 23 August 2002, Westpac was registered as a public company limited by shares under the Australian Corporations Act (2001). In December 2008, Westpac merged with St.George Bank Limited. As at 30 September 2011, The Westpac Group employed approximately 38,000 people (full time equivalent basis) in Australia, New Zealand and around the world, and had global assets of $670 billion. For the financial year to 30 September 2011, The Westpac Group's reported net profit after income tax was $6,991 million. About 570,000 people and institutions in Australia and overseas are Westpac shareholders. Westpac Banking Corporation is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.