WBK Key Stats
- BNY Mellon Named Successor Depositary by Westpac Banking Corporation PR Newswire May 13
- Nikkei up after Japan gets nod from G7 on stimulus May 13
- National Australia Bank Posts 3.1% Rise in First-Half Proft May 8
- China Trade Data Sparks Asia-Wide Gains May 8
- World stocks muted as cheer over US jobs fades AP May 7
- Weak Yen Helps Nikkei Close at Near 5-Year High May 7
- Asia stocks muted as cheer over US jobs fades AP May 7
- Itau Unibanco Reports 1Q Earnings May 6
- Itau Unibanco Reports 1Q Earnings - Analyst Blog Zacks May 6
- Westpac Banking's CEO Discusses F2Q 2013 and 1H13 Results - Earnings Call Transc... May 3
WBK Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Westpac Banking is up 65.81% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 31.59%, Itau Unibanco up 21.87%, and Toronto-Dominion Bank up 12.40%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for WBK
Pro Report PDF for WBK
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download WBK Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring WBK
Did Westpac Banking make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Westpac, is a multinational financial services, one of the Australian "big four" banks and the second-largest bank in New Zealand. Westpac Banking Corporation was founded in 1817 and was the first bank established in Australia. Westpac began trading on 8 April, 1817 as the Bank of New South Wales with a single office in Macquarie Place, Sydney. In 1982, with the merger of the Commercial Bank of Australia, it changed its name to Westpac Banking Corporation. On 23 August 2002, Westpac was registered as a public company limited by shares under the Australian Corporations Act (2001). In December 2008, Westpac merged with St.George Bank Limited. As at 30 September 2011, The Westpac Group employed approximately 38,000 people (full time equivalent basis) in Australia, New Zealand and around the world, and had global assets of $670 billion. For the financial year to 30 September 2011, The Westpac Group's reported net profit after income tax was $6,991 million. About 570,000 people and institutions in Australia and overseas are Westpac shareholders. Westpac Banking Corporation is headquartered in Sydney, Australia.