VZ Key Stats
- Frontier Communications - A Light At The End Of The Tunnel 4:56 AM
- Vodafone keeps Verizon payout after European weakness Reuters 4:35 AM
- BRIEF-Vodafone says nothing new to announce on Verizon 3:01 AM
- Vodafone posts biggest fall in service revenue Reuters 2:31 AM
- How Vodafone May Spend Proceeds From Verizon Sale Bloomberg 2:00 AM
- Cisco Stock Among Dow's Biggest Losers Fool May 20
- Fun Financial Dow Facts Fool May 20
- Vodafone $100 Billion Stirs Payout, Deal Dreams: Real M&A May 20
- Could Target Finally Tip The Netflix Scale? May 20
- Play the Stock Market Like the Wealthy May 20
VZ Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Verizon Communications is up 32.73% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 31.59%, AT&T up 16.06%, and Sprint Nextel up 211.5%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for VZ
Pro Report PDF for VZ
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download VZ Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring VZ
Did Verizon Communications make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Verizon Communications Inc. is a global broadband and telecommunications company and a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average. It started in 1983 as Bell Atlantic with a footprint covering New Jersey to Virginia and emerged as part of the 1984 AT&T breakup into seven "Baby Bells." In 1997, Bell Atlantic merged with another Regional Bell Operating Company, NYNEX, based in New York City with a footprint spanning from New York to Maine. The combined company kept the Bell Atlantic name. In 2000, Bell Atlantic acquired former independent phone company GTE, and adopted the name "Verizon", a portmanteau of veritas and horizon. The company's headquarters are located in the Verizon Building at 140 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City.