VRTX Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-34.02%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||-2.585|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)|
|Net Income (TTM)||-565.46M|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||87.67%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||-55.99%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||0%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- The Numbers Backing Gilead's Best and Fastest Drug Launch in History The Street Dec 9
- Let the Hep C Drug War Begin Fool Dec 6
- Soaring Hepatitis C Drug Prices Make Cures Costly Fool Dec 5
- 3 Stocks Dragging In The Health Care Sector The Street Dec 5
- Biotech Stock Predictions 2014: Vertex is Bought, Alexion Sinks, BlueBird Flies And More The Street Dec 4
- Pharma & Biotech Stock Outlook - Dec 2013 - Industry Outlook Zacks Dec 3
- Pharma & Biotech Stock Outlook - Dec 2013 - Zacks Analyst Interviews Zacks Dec 3
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals' Management Presents at 2013 Deutsche Bank BioFEST Conference (Transcript) Seeking Alpha Dec 2
- Vertex: CF Drug Approval To Save The Company Seeking Alpha Dec 2
- Obamacare Winner: The Not-So-Hidden Industry Poised to Profit Fool Nov 30
VRTX Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Vertex is up 60.02% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.99%, Gilead Sciences up 90.44%, and Merck up 14.23%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for VRTX
Pro Report PDF for VRTX
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download VRTX Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring VRTX
Did Vertex make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Vertex Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a biotechnology company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of breakthrough drugs for a range of serious diseases, including human immunodeficiency virus infection, chronic hepatitis C virus infection, inflammatory and autoimmune disorders, cancer, pain and bacterial infection, independently and with collaborators. Vertex was founded in 1989 by Kevin Kinsella and Larry Bock of Avalon Ventures and Gary Aronson. It is headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts.