UNP Key Stats
- 5 Services Stocks Pushing The Sector Higher May 22
- Union Pacific Stock Hits New 52-Week High (UNP) May 22
- 8 Things to Know About Union Pacific Stock Fool May 21
- Who Will Deal with All of This Fracking Natural Gas? Fool May 21
- Are These Railroad Stocks Still Worth Owning? Fool May 21
- Managing Director in Institutional Equity Research at AltaCorp Capital Inc. Shar... May 21
- Crumpled Railcars Led to Designs Saving Commuters’ Lives May 21
- Union Pacific Railroad Reminds Drivers to Use Caution at Railroad Crossings Whil... May 20
- Are Streaks And Current Yields The Best Metrics For Dividend Growth Investors? May 19
- Connecticut Commuter Crash Mangles Lines, Hampers Train Traffic May 18
UNP Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Union Pacific is up 46.08% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.68%, CSX up 23.87%, and Norfolk Southern Corporation up 18.78%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for UNP
Pro Report PDF for UNP
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download UNP Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring UNP
Did Union Pacific make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
The Union Pacific Railroad, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, is the largest railroad network in the United States. James R. Young is president, CEO and Chairman. UP's route map covers most of the central and western United States west of Chicago and New Orleans. As of December 31, 2008 UP operates on 32,012 miles of track, of which it owns outright 26,171 miles . Both numbers represent the highest amount of any railroad currently operating in the United States. It has achieved this size as a result of purchasing a large number of other railroads, notably the Missouri Pacific, Chicago and North Western, Western Pacific, Missouri-Kansas-Texas, and the Southern Pacific . Currently, Union Pacific owns 26% of Ferromex while Grupo Mexico owns the remaining 74%. Union Pacific Corporation was founded in 1862.