Union Pacific (UNP)

Add to Watchlists
Create an Alert
189.59 +1.44  +0.77% NYSE Apr 17, 8:00PM BATS Real time Currency in USD
View Full Chart
UNP Price Chart
View All Events

UNP Events

Date Type Description
Apr 17 Misc Q1 2014 Union Pacific Corp Earnings Conference Call
Apr 17 Earnings Q1 2014 Union Pacific Corp Earnings Release. Estimate: 2.38.
Mar 04 Misc Union Pacific Corporation Cfo Rob Knight to Address Raymond James 35th Annual Institutional Investors Conference
Feb 26 Dividends Amount: 0.91, Declared Date: Feb 06 2014, Pay Date: Apr 01 2014
Jan 23 Misc Union Pacific Corporation Invites You to Join Its Fourth Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Broadcast
Jan 23 Earnings Union Pacific Corporation's Fourth Quarter 2013 Earnings Release. Estimate: 2.49.
Nov 29 Dividends Amount: 0.79, Declared Date: Nov 22 2013, Pay Date: Jan 02 2014
Oct 17 Misc Union Pacific Corporation Invites You to Join Its Third Quarter 2013 Earnings Release Broadcast
Oct 17 Earnings Earnings Release Information. Estimate: 2.56.
Aug 28 Dividends Amount: 0.79, Declared Date: Aug 01 2013, Pay Date: Oct 01 2013
View All Performance Charts

UNP Total Returns Comparison

This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Union Pacific is up 41.18% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 23.54%, CSX up 22.52%, and Norfolk Southern up 33.97%.

Get Quote for

PDF Report for UNP

Download Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.

Download UNP Pro Report PDF
Advertisement

Portfolio Strategies Featuring UNP

Did Union Pacific make it into our Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts membership now to find out.

UNP Profile

  • Sector: Industrials
  • Industry: Railroads
  • Headquarters Country: United States
  • Headquarters State/Province: Nebraska
  • Incorporation Country: United States
  • Incorporation State/Province: Utah
  • Est. Current Fiscal Quarter End: June 30, 2014
  • Est. Current Fiscal Year End: December 31, 2014
  • Last Fiscal Quarter End: N/A
  • Last Fiscal Year End: N/A
  • NAICS: Line-Haul Railroads
  • NAICS Code: 482111
  • NAICS Industry: Rail Transportation
  • NAICS Industry Code: 4821
  • NAICS Sector: Transportation and Warehousing
  • NAICS Sector Code: 48

The Union Pacific Railroad, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, is the largest railroad network in the United States. James R. Young is president, CEO and Chairman. UP's route map covers most of the central and western United States west of Chicago and New Orleans. As of December 31, 2008 UP operates on 32,012 miles of track, of which it owns outright 26,171 miles . Both numbers represent the highest amount of any railroad currently operating in the United States. It has achieved this size as a result of purchasing a large number of other railroads, notably the Missouri Pacific, Chicago and North Western, Western Pacific, Missouri-Kansas-Texas, and the Southern Pacific . Currently, Union Pacific owns 26% of Ferromex while Grupo Mexico owns the remaining 74%. Union Pacific Corporation was founded in 1862.

Recent Quotes

Symbol Price Chg Chg % Market Cap
UNP 189.59 +1.44 +0.77% 86.27B
Create Watchlist from Quotes
Advertisement

Already registered? Click here to sign in.

Access watchlists and custom data alerts.
Start your free account.

required
required
required
required
required
Get Started Now
document.write('');

{{root.upsell.info.feature_headline}}.
Upgrade to {{root.upsell.info.tier_name}}. Start Your YCharts Membership. Start your {{root.upsell.info.tier_name}} Membership

{{root.upsell.info.feature_description}}

{{root.upsell.info.is_upgrade ? "Upgrade Now" : "Get Started Now"}}

Already a YCharts Member? Already a {{root.upsell.info.tier_name}} Member? Sign in here.