TSLA Key Stats
- Why Tesla Motors Soared This Week Fool May 19
- Tesla to Pay Back Taxpayers Early Fool May 19
- Are Scorned Car Dealerships Making Tesla Sexier Than Ever? May 18
- Are Tesla's Profits for Real? Fool May 18
- These Soaring Stocks Are Crushing Short-Sellers Fool May 18
- Selloff Reaction; Valuing Beloved Companies: Cramer's Best Blogs May 18
- What To Buy as These 3 Companies Surge May 18
- In Musk We Trust? Fool May 18
- A Fool Looks Back Fool May 18
- Is There Room on the Road for These Alternatives? May 18
TSLA Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Tesla Motors is up 232.0% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 31.68%, Ford Motor up 54.45%, and General Motors up 57.79%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for TSLA
Pro Report PDF for TSLA
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download TSLA Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring TSLA
Did Tesla Motors make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Tesla Motors, Inc. is a Silicon Valley-based company that designs, manufactures and sells electric cars and electric vehicle powertrain components. It was the only automaker building and selling a zero-emission sports car, the Tesla Roadster, in serial production. However, Tesla stopped taking orders for the Roadster around mid 2011. Tesla is also developing a zero-emission premium sedan, the Model S, which will be built at the 350,000-square-foot Tesla Factory in Fremont, California, starting in 2012. Tesla also sells electric powertrain components, including lithium-ion battery packs, to other automakers like Daimler and Toyota. The company was founded by Jeffrey Straubel, Elon Musk and Marc Tarpenning on July 1, 2003 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, California.