SYMC Key Stats
- Symantec Corp (SYMC): Today's Featured Computer Software & Services Winner Jun 18
- Buyout Clears the Way for Its Competitors but may Face Hurdles Fool Jun 17
- Food and Energy in PPI Focus Jun 14
- 3 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Monday: GOOD, SLCA, SYMC Jun 14
- Symantec Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (SYMC) Jun 14
- Symantec Stock To Go Ex-dividend Monday (SYMC) Jun 14
- [$$] Patients Put at Risk By Computer Viruses Jun 13
- 4 Tech Stock Stories Making a Fuss On Thursday Jun 13
- Sourcefire CEO -- Cyber Attacks And The New Cyber Security Model Jun 13
- [$$] Implanted Devices Also of Concern The Wall Street Journal Jun 13
SYMC Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Symantec is up 55.09% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 25.82%, Sourcefire up 7.65%, and Check Point Software Technologies down 1.21%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for SYMC
Pro Report PDF for SYMC
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download SYMC Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring SYMC
Did Symantec make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Symantec Corporation is the largest maker of security software for computers, best known for its Norton brand. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and is a Fortune 500 company and a member of the S&P 500 stock market index. Founded in 1982 by Gary Hendrix with a National Science Foundation grant, Symantec was originally focused on artificial intelligence-related projects, including a database program. Hendrix hired several Stanford University natural language processing researchers as the company's first employees, among them Barry Greenstein. The company has evolved to become one of the world’s largest software companies with more than 18,500 employees in more than 50 countries.