SWY Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||1.13%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||1.829|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-59.09%|
|Net Income (TTM)||437.10M|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||25.81%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||0.76%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||2.40%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- Kroger’s Growth Hits the Big 4-0; Will It Continue? Fool Dec 9
- Monsanto's GM Food Wins Could Help Organic Grocers Fool Dec 7
- Daily Dividend Report: SWY, MDT, CB, MJN, DTE Dec 6
- Safeway, Inc. (SWY) Declares $0.20 Quarterly Dividend; 2.5% Yield Street Insider Dec 6
- Safeway Inc. Board of Directors Declares Quarterly Dividend Marketwired Dec 6
- J.C. Penney -- Perfect Example of Why You Shouldn't Copy the "Smart Money" Fool Dec 5
- Today’s 3 Worst Stocks in the S&P 500 Fool Dec 5
- Higher GDP Number, Lower Stock Prices Fool Dec 5
- Ford, HP And More: Investing Ideas If Interest Rates Rise The Street Dec 5
- Stock Futures Mixed After Data; Apple Up On China Mobile Deal Investor's Business Daily Dec 5
SWY Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Safeway is up 91.28% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 29.94%, Whole Foods Market up 23.99%, and Kroger up 53.17%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for SWY
Pro Report PDF for SWY
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download SWY Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring SWY
Did Safeway make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Safeway, Inc. is engaged in the food and drug retailing business in North America. It has an extensive network of distribution, manufacturing and food-processing facilities to support the retail operations. Safeway provides full array of grocery items, food and general merchandise and feature a variety of specialty departments such as bakery, delicatessen, floral and pharmacy, as well as Starbucks coffee shops and fuel centers. The company owns and operates GroceryWorks.com Operating Co. LLC, an online grocery channel doing business under the names Safeway.com, Vons.com and Genuardis.com. The company changed its name from Safeway Stores, Inc. to Safeway, Inc. in February 1990. Safeway was founded by M.B. Skaggs in 1915 and is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. Supermarket News ranked Safeway No. 4 in the 2011 "Top 75 North American Food Retailers" based on 2010 fiscal year sales. Based on 2009 revenue, Safeway is the 11th largest retailer in the United States.