SWY Key Stats
- Safeway Slips to Neutral - Analyst Blog Zacks May 22
- Safeway Slips to Neutral May 22
- Does Whole Foods Support All-Time Highs? May 22
- Safeway Inc. to Participate in 2013 Citi Global Consumer Conference Marketwired May 22
- Today’s 3 Worst Stocks Fool May 20
- Wal-Mart Cleans Up On Poor America With 25% Of U.S. Grocery Sales May 20
- 4 Dividend Stocks Showing You the Money Fool May 20
- KR, SWY, BBBY And CVS, Pushing Retail Industry Downward May 20
- Hedge Fund Clovis Capital's Top Stock Picks May 17
- Safeway Raises $10.8 Million in April for People with Disabilities PR Newswire May 17
SWY Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Safeway is up 27.75% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.18%, Kroger up 56.22%, and Whole Foods Market up 24.52%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for SWY
Pro Report PDF for SWY
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download SWY Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring SWY
Did Safeway make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Safeway, Inc. is engaged in the food and drug retailing business in North America. It has an extensive network of distribution, manufacturing and food-processing facilities to support the retail operations. Safeway provides full array of grocery items, food and general merchandise and feature a variety of specialty departments such as bakery, delicatessen, floral and pharmacy, as well as Starbucks coffee shops and fuel centers. The company owns and operates GroceryWorks.com Operating Co. LLC, an online grocery channel doing business under the names Safeway.com, Vons.com and Genuardis.com. The company changed its name from Safeway Stores, Inc. to Safeway, Inc. in February 1990. Safeway was founded by M.B. Skaggs in 1915 and is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. Supermarket News ranked Safeway No. 4 in the 2011 "Top 75 North American Food Retailers" based on 2010 fiscal year sales. Based on 2009 revenue, Safeway is the 11th largest retailer in the United States.