SWC Key Stats
- STILLWATER MINING CO /DE/ Files SEC form 8-K/A, Regulation FD Disclosure May 23
- These Three Miners Could Offer Good Future Returns Fool May 22
- STILLWATER MINING CO /DE/ Files SEC form 8-K, Mine Safety - Reporting of Shutdow... May 22
- Schweitzer elected chairman of Stillwater board May 20
- Stillwater Elects Ex-Montana Governor As Chairman May 20
- Stillwater Names Schweitzer Chairman, Says CEO to Leave May 20
- Stillwater elects Brian Schweitzer as chairman of the board, starts CEO search May 20
- InPlay: Stillwater Mining announces the election of Brian Schweitzer, the former... May 20
- Stillwater Mining Company Announces Governance Changes Marketwired May 20
- New Stock Coverage: Stillwater Pockets Run Deep May 16
SWC Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Stillwater Mining Company is up 40.94% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 27.77%, North American Palladium down 50.43%, and US Silica up 91.46%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for SWC
Pro Report PDF for SWC
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download SWC Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring SWC
Did Stillwater Mining Company make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Stillwater Mining Company is engaged in the development, extraction, processing, smelting, refining, and marketing of palladium, platinum and associated metals from a geological formation in southern Montana known as the J-M Reef. This is the only known significant source of platinum group metals in the United States and one of the significant resources outside Russia and South Africa. The Company conducts mining operations at the Stillwater Mine near Nye, Montana and the East Boulder Mine South of McLeod, Montana. Both mines are located on the J-M Reef. Concentrating plants are operated at both mines to upgrade ore to a concentrate. The company also operates a smelter, refinery and laboratory at Columbus, Montana to further upgrade the concentrate to a platinum group metal rich filter cake. Spent catalyst material is also recycled at the smelter and refinery to recover platinum group metals. Platinum group metals are rare precious metals that are used in diverse applications for auto catalysts, fuel cells, hydrogen purification, electronics, jewelry, dentistry, medicine, water treatment, coinage and other uses. Stillwater Mining Company was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Billings, Montana.