PIR Key Stats
- The Housing Market Should Catapult These Retailers Higher May 22
- The Housing Market Should Catapult These Retailers Higher Fool May 21
- Plenty of Growth Drivers for This Housing Play Fool May 20
- [video] Dive Into Dollar Tree, Best Buy May 17
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Sets Sights on Growing Ecommerce Street Insider May 17
- Pier One Imports Stock Hits New 52-Week High (PIR) May 15
- There's Still Value in These Shares Fool May 14
- Housing Recovery, Innovations Lift Home Retail Chains May 14
- Furniture sales trend slows down May 13
- Pier 1 Imports Inc. CEO Presents at 2013 Investor Day (Transcript) Seeking Alpha May 10
PIR Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Pier 1 Imports is up 48.39% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.33%, Bed Bath & Beyond down 1.56%, and Williams-Sonoma up 61.10%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for PIR
Pro Report PDF for PIR
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download PIR Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring PIR
Did Pier 1 Imports make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Pier 1 Imports Inc. is a Fort Worth, Texas based retailer specializing in imported home furnishings and decor, particularly furniture, table-top items, decorative accessories and seasonal decor. The chain operates over 1,000 stores under the name Pier 1 Imports in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. The company also had a children's furniture and accessories retail concept in the United States called Pier 1 Kids which was disbanded in September 2007. It was a member of the S&P MidCap 400 list through the end of 2006, when it was bumped off the list. Pier 1 Imports also owned a chain of home-decor retailers in the United Kingdom called "The Pier" until it sold to Palli Limited, a subsidiary of Lagerinn ehf. in March 2006. This chain went into Administration in December 2008 and was finally closed in January 2009.