OPTR Key Stats
- 2 Biotechs to Avoid, 1 to Buy Fool May 23
- Cubist, Optimer, Trius: Antibiotic Deal Making On Tap May 22
- Nasdaq stocks posting largest percentage increases May 20
- MARKET PULSE-Cisco, Wal-Mart, Kohl's, Tesla, AMD, SunPower, Oncothyreon May 16
- Cubist bid for Optimer before sale process began-sources May 15
- Cubist bid almost $1 billion for Optimer before sale process: sources May 15
- Cubist (CBST) Said to Bid $1B for Optimer (OPTR) Before Sales Proceeds - Reuters Street Insider May 15
- Cubist bid almost $1 bln for Optimer before sale process-sources May 15
- Is AstraZeneca Gearing Up for a Shopping Spree? Fool May 15
- Markman Hearing A Likely Clearing Event For Cubist - Decision Any Day May 14
OPTR Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Optimer Pharmaceuticals is down 2.85% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.33%, Cubist Pharmaceuticals up 39.89%, and AstraZeneca up 32.92%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for OPTR
Pro Report PDF for OPTR
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download OPTR Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring OPTR
Did Optimer Pharmaceuticals make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Optimer Pharmaceuticals, Inc. operates as a biopharmaceutical company. It focuses on discovering, developing and commercializing innovative hospital specialty products. Its current development efforts are focused on products that treat gastrointestinal infections and related diseases. It has two late-stage anti-infective product candidates: Fidaxomicin and Pruvel. Fidaxomicin is a narrow spectrum antibiotic being developed for the treatment of Clostridium difficile infection. Pruvel is a prodrug in the fluoroquinolone class of antibiotics being developed as a treatment for infectious diarrhea. The company was founded by Michael N. Chang in 1998 and is headquartered in San Diego, California.