NVE Key Stats
- X Factor: 5 Stocks Reaching Their Ex-Dividend Date on May 31 May 24
- Why the Street Should LoveEnergy's Earnings May 23
- Retiring coal-fired plants in Nevada passes Senate May 23
- 6 Mid-Cap Electric Utilities For An Income Portfolio May 22
- Are NV Energy's Earnings Worse Than They Look? Fool May 20
- NV Energy Larger Than S&P 500 Component Apartment Investment & Management May 14
- NV ENERGY, INC. Files SEC form 8-K, Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security ... May 13
- NV Energy's CEO Hosts 2013 Annual Shareholders Meeting Conference Seeking Alpha May 10
- SHAREHOLDER ALERT: The Law Firm of Levi & Korsinsky, LLP Launches an Investigati... May 9
- Looking for Great Utility Stock Deals May 9
NVE Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). NV Energy is up 22.26% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 27.96%, PG&E up 9.30%, and American Electric Power up 30.49%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for NVE
Pro Report PDF for NVE
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download NVE Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring NVE
Did NV Energy make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
NV Energy is an investor-owned holding company based in Las Vegas, Nevada. The company is a public utility which generates, transmits and distributes electric service in northern and southern Nevada, including the Las Vegas metropolitan area, and provides natural gas service in the Reno–Sparks metropolitan area of northern Nevada. The company has five primary, wholly-owned subsidiaries: Nevada Power Co., Sierra Pacific Power Co., Sierra Pacific Energy Co., NVE Insurance Co., and Lands of Sierra. NV Energy operates its business through the following segments: NPC electric, SPPC electric, and SPPC natural gas. NV Energy was formed in 1928 as Sierra Pacific Power Company, the main power company for northern Nevada. On September 22, 2008, Nevada Power and Sierra Pacific Power began doing business as NV Energy. This is the result of the corporate decision to unify its image under a single brand. Later, it changed its corporate name to NV Energy, Inc.