MRO Key Stats
- Final Glance: Oil companies May 24
- Oil companies bristle over Enbridge's sulfide gas limit in Bakken May 24
- Midday Glance: Oil companies May 24
- Marathon Oil Corp Stock Buy Recommendation Reiterated (MRO) May 24
- Benjamin Graham's Rules For The Common Stock Component: Marathon Petroleum Corpo... May 24
- 4 Energy Stock Stories To Spark Investment Interest May 23
- Final Glance: Oil companies May 23
- Energy stocks decline; Marathon asset sale fizzles May 23
- Marathon Oil Scales 52-Week High - Analyst Blog Zacks May 23
- Marathon Oil Scales 52-Week High May 23
MRO Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Marathon Oil is up 44.35% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 27.77%, ConocoPhillips up 25.44%, and Exxon Mobil Corporation up 13.71%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for MRO
Pro Report PDF for MRO
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download MRO Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring MRO
Did Marathon Oil make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Marathon Oil Corporation is a United States-based oil and natural gas exploration and production company. It operates through three segments: Exploration and Production, Oil Sands Mining, and Integrated Gas. Principal exploration activities are in the United States, Norway, Equatorial Guinea, Poland, Angola and Iraqi Kurdistan. Principal production activities are in the United States, the United Kingdom, Norway, and Equatorial Guinea. Within the United States, Marathon Oil has recently focused development efforts on liquids-rich shale plays, including the Bakken and Eagle Ford formations. Marathon Oil owns interests developing Athabasca oil sands resources and in Waha Oil Company . Marathon's headquarters facility is the Marathon Oil Tower in Houston, Texas. The company was formerly known as USX Corporation and changed its name to Marathon Oil Corporation in July 2001. Marathon Oil Corporation was founded in 1887.