MMR Key Stats
- This Fund’s Top Trio May Surprise You Fool 8:50 AM
- [$$] Plains Exploration Holders Approve Freeport-McMoRan Deal May 20
- Freeport Wins Plains Approval for $6.6 Billion Takeover May 20
- Freeport, Plains sweeten takeover deal with dividends May 20
- Freeport Sweetens Pot To Win Vote On Plains Takeover, Paulson Approves May 20
- Freeport, Plains sweeten takeover deal for shareholders May 20
- Freeport says to declare $1.00/share supplemental dividend after Plains deal May 20
- Freeport-McMoRan (FCX) to Pay $1/Share Special Dividend Street Insider May 20
- Freeport McMoRan's Acquisitions And Prospects Grow May 20
- Daren Oddenino: How To Spot Oil And Gas Takeout Targets May 15
MMR Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). McMoRan Exploration is up 83.04% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 27.63%, EPL Oil & Gas up 97.64%, and Plains Exploration & Production Company up 32.71%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for MMR
Pro Report PDF for MMR
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download MMR Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring MMR
Did McMoRan Exploration make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
McMoRan Exploration Co. is an independent public company, which engages in the exploration, development and production of oil and natural gas offshore in the Gulf of Mexico and onshore in the Gulf Coast area of the United States. Its production of oil and natural gas involves lifting oil and natural gas to the surface and gathering, treating and processing hydrocarbons to extract liquids from natural gas. It is a separately traded firm with some shared management with Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. Richard C. Adkerson and James R. Moffett are co-chairmen of McMoRan Exploration. McMoRan Exploration Co. based in New Orleans, Louisiana, was created in 1998 by the merger of McMoRan Oil & Gas and Freeport-McMoRan Sulphur.