JWN Key Stats
- Is This Saks Talk Threatening Nordstrom? May 23
- Midday Glance: Department Store Retail companies May 23
- Buckle, Ralph Lauren Sales Miss, Shares Tumble May 23
- Early Glance: Department Store Retail companies May 23
- [video] Retail Roundup May 23
- Why These Department Stores Belong in Your Portfolio Fool May 23
- KKR & Co. Might Push for Neiman Marcus, Saks (SKS) Merger Street Insider May 23
- U.S. Retailers See Big Risk in Safety Plan for Factories May 22
- J.C. Penney Stock: Falling Knife or Screaming Value? Fool May 22
- 4 Merger and Acquisitions Stock Stories For Midweek Due Diligence May 22
JWN Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Nordstrom is up 23.68% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.33%, Macy's up 37.08%, and J.C. Penney down 26.95%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for JWN
Pro Report PDF for JWN
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download JWN Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring JWN
Did Nordstrom make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Nordstrom, Inc. is one of the nation's leading fashion specialty retailers, with 225 U.S. stores located in 29 states. Founded in 1901 by John W. Nordstrom and Carl F. Wallin, as a shoe store in Seattle, today Nordstrom operates 117 Full-Line Stores, 104 Nordstrom Racks, two Jeffrey boutiques, one treasure&bond store and one clearance store. The company today also sells clothing, accessories, handbags, jewelry, cosmetics, fragrances, and in some locations, home furnishings. Nordstrom also serves customers through its online presence and through its catalogs. Additionally, the Company operates in the online private sale marketplace through its subsidiary HauteLook. There are now 225 stores operating in 29 states across the U.S. The corporate headquarters and the flagship store are located in Downtown Seattle, Washington. Nordstrom, Inc. is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol JWN.