Global Ship Lease Tangible Common Equity Ratio
Global Ship Lease Tangible Common Equity Ratio Chart
Global Ship Lease Historical Tangible Common Equity Ratio DataPro Data Export
There is no data for the selected date range.
About Tangible Common Equity Ratio
The tangible common equity (TCE) ratio is a useful number to gauge leverage of a financial firm. Specifically, it answers the question: "How much can the value of a bank's assets fall before the entire value of tangible* common equity is wiped out?"
For example, assume a bank as a TCE ratio of 5%. If the value of all of the banks assets fell by 5%, theoretically stockholders would no longer have a claim on the bank's tangible assets.
Another way of thinking about the TCE ratio of 5% is that the remaining 95% of the bank's tangible assets have been purchased using loaned funds that the bank must repay.
This ratio is worth spending time with. Once investors understand its implications, they rarely look at banking businesses the same way.
* The word tangible, in accounting, essentially means anything that can be touched or traded. Cash, buildings, accounts receivable, inventories and stock holdings of a business are all tangible assets. Trade secrets, patents, copyrights, and goodwill are not tangible assets, even though they may have value.
View Tangible Common Equity Ratio for GSL.
Start Your YCharts Pro Gold Membership.
Access over 100 stock metrics like Beta, EV/EBITDA, PE10, Free Cash Flow Yield, KZ Index and Cash Conversion Cycle.
YCharts Pro is only $49/month, and comes with a 14-day free trial.Get Started Now
Already a YCharts Pro Gold Member? Sign in here.
GSL Tangible Common Equity Ratio Benchmarks
|Globus Maritime||Go Pro|
|Teekay Tankers||Go Pro|
GSL Tangible Common Equity Ratio Rankings
3282 of 8006
542 of 893 in Industrials
28 of 47 in Shipping & Ports
GSL Tangible Common Equity Ratio Range, Past 5 Years
|Minimum||Go Pro||Dec 2008|
|Maximum||Go Pro||Dec 2012|
Investor Place May 14
Seeking Alpha May 9
Street Insider May 9
GlobeNewswire May 9
Investor Place May 7
Investor Place Apr 30
Investor Place Apr 23