GPS Key Stats
- Bulls Will Drive Market but Bernanke Is Steering May 17
- What to Watch in Retail Earnings Next Week May 17
- Groups divided on Bangladesh safety overhauls May 17
- [video] Target, Home Depot, Gap to Report May 17
- U.S. retailers say to launch their own Bangladesh safety initiative May 17
- Is This Retailer's Turnaround Already Here? May 17
- Correction: Retailers-Bangladesh story May 17
- Business events scheduled for the coming week AP May 17
- Nordstrom Misses Earnings Est May 17
- Big Hair, Big Market, Big Scandals: Talking Squawk CNBC May 17
GPS Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Gap is up 62.48% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 31.68%, Abercrombie & Fitch Company up 53.89%, and American Eagle Outfitters up 19.04%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for GPS
Pro Report PDF for GPS
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download GPS Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring GPS
Did Gap make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
The Gap, Inc., commonly known as Gap Inc. or Gap, is an American multinational clothing and accessories retailer. It was founded in 1969 by Donald G. Fisher and Doris F. Fisher and is currently headquartered in San Francisco, California. The company operates five primary divisions: the namesake banner, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Piperlime, and Athleta. Gap Inc. was surpassed by Spanish-based Inditex Group as the world's largest apparel retailer, though it remains the largest specialty retailer in the United States. As of September 2008, the company has approximately 135,000 employees and operates 3,076 stores worldwide, of which 2,551 are located in the U.S.