GIL Key Stats
- Who Gets Whacked By a Strong Dollar? May 17
- Hedge Fund Signpost Capital Advisors’ Top Stock Picks May 15
- Why Gildan Activewear May Be About to Take Off May 15
- Daily Stock Prices Are Completely Irrelevant May 13
- 4 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: GIL, ACC, ADM, LLY May 13
- Ex-Div Reminder for Gildan Activewear May 10
- Gildan Activewear Beats Analyst Estimates on EPS Fool May 6
- REFILE-RESEARCH ALERT-Gildan Activewear: Janney raises fair value May 3
- Desjardins Upgrades Gildan Activewear (GIL) to Buy Street Insider May 3
- Citi Upgrades Gildan Activewear (GIL) to Neutral Street Insider May 3
GIL Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Gildan Activewear is up 63.95% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.68%, G-III Apparel Group up 72.15%, and Hanesbrands up 97.50%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for GIL
Pro Report PDF for GIL
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download GIL Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring GIL
Did Gildan Activewear make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Gildan Activewear Inc. Gildan is a clothing company which produces basic apparel and hosiery. The company's corporate head office is located in Montreal, Canada, and its manufacturing facilities are in Honduras, Nicaragua, the Dominican Republic, the USA and Bangladesh. It also outsources some sewing operations to 3rd party contractors in Haiti. Gildan shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange. Gildan acquired the sock maker Gold Toe Moretz in 2011. With approximately 30,000 employees worldwide, Gildan owns and operates highly efficient, large-scale, environmentally and socially responsible facilities in Central America and the Caribbean Basin and has begun the development of a manufacturing hub in Bangladesh to support its planned growth in Asia and Europe. The company was formerly known as Textiles Gildan Inc. and changed its name to Gildan Activewear Inc. in March 1995. Gildan Activewear Inc. was founded in 1984.