FDO Key Stats
- The Key to Dollar Tree's Big Bounce May 22
- Family Dollar to Present at the Citi 2013 Global Consumer Conference Business Wire May 22
- Both Value Shoppers And Value Investors Have Better Alternatives May 22
- Move Over Target! Dollar Stores Are Taking Share: Schoenberger Breakout May 22
- The Key to Dollar Tree's Big Bounce Fool May 21
- AutoZone Leads Defensive Rally; Five Below Basing May 21
- Both Value Shoppers And Value Investors Have Better Alternatives Fool May 21
- Family Dollar Stores Inc. Presents at Barclay's Americas Select Franchise Confer... May 21
- Family Dollar Recognizes Trade Area Systems with Strategic Partner of the Year A... May 20
- Can Wal-Mart Topple the Dollar Stores? Fool May 20
FDO Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Family Dollar Stores is down 0.25% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.68%, Dollar General Corporation up 16.27%, and Dollar Tree Stores down 0.13%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for FDO
Pro Report PDF for FDO
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download FDO Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring FDO
Did Family Dollar Stores make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Family Dollar is a regional chain of variety stores in the United States. It opened in 1959 and operates approximately 7,000 stores in 45 states and the District of Columbia. It is headquartered in Matthews, North Carolina. Family Dollar is not a true "dollar store" in the strict sense; while there are many items available for $1, there are other price points as well. However, approximately 90% of the products cost less than $10. With most locations set up like a typical supermarket, the chain deals in food items, clothing and assorted household products. Family Dollar Stores, Inc. was founded in 1959.