Ecopetrol Payout Ratio (TTM)
View 4,000+ financial data types
Ecopetrol Payout Ratio (TTM) Chart
Ecopetrol Historical Payout Ratio (TTM) DataPro Export Data Date Range:
There is no data for the selected date range.
About Payout Ratio
The payout ratio is the percentage of net income that a company pays out as dividends to common shareholders.
A payout ratio of 10% means for every dollar in Net Income, 10% is being paid out as a dividend. For instance, if Microsoft earns $50 million in net income and the payout ratio is 25%, Microsoft will offer $12.5 million to all its common shareholders.
Companies with low payout ratios:
- High growth companies often have low payout ratios; they use the money to invest in other projects.
- Companies that do not have positive cash flow or positive earnings.
Companies with high payout ratios:
- Value-orientated companies
- Where the board and management may own stock and pay dividends to themselves (cynical view)
- Where management is favorable to shareholders
- Companies that have a consistent dividend stock policy
- Companies that do not have any investment projects that are worth pursuing.
EC Payout Ratio (TTM) Benchmarks
|Suncor Energy||Go Pro|
|YPF Sociedad Anonima||Go Pro|
EC Payout Ratio (TTM) Range, Past 5 Years
|Minimum||Go Pro||Mar 2012|
|Maximum||Go Pro||Dec 2009|
Zacks Dec 10
The Street Dec 3