DG Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||11.29%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||3.005|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||17.19%|
|Net Income (TTM)||990.66M|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||31.34%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||5.59%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||0%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- Is Dollar General the Best Dollar Store? Fool Dec 10
- Dollar General and Other Discount Retail Buys Fool Dec 10
- Dollar General Shareholders Got Much More Than a Dollar Fool Dec 10
- The Daily Dose: It's Your Move, Champ The Street Dec 10
- Dollar General, Diamond Foods and Mattress Firm Are Earnings Winners The Street Dec 10
- 4 Stocks Boosting The Retail Industry Higher The Street Dec 9
- Costco Earnings Should Rise Despite Sluggish November Investor's Business Daily Dec 8
- Consider Staying Away From Dollar Tree...For Now Fool Dec 7
- Conn's, Ulta Bookend A Volatile Week For Retailers Investor's Business Daily Dec 6
- 3 Key Takeaways From Dollar General's Third Quarter Fool Dec 6
DG Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Dollar General is up 29.79% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 29.87%, Wal-Mart Stores up 12.08%, and Dollar Tree Stores up 39.75%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for DG
Pro Report PDF for DG
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download DG Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring DG
Did Dollar General make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Dollar General is the largest discount retailer in the United States by number of stores with over 9,600 neighborhood stores in 35 states. The stores were founded in 1939 by Cal Turner in Scottsville, Kentucky as J.L. Turner & Son, Inc. In 1968 the business changed its name to Dollar General Corporation. In 2007 the company was acquired by the private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., which took the company public in 2009. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!(R) by offering quality private and national branded items that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, house wares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood stores. Dollar General is among the largest retailers of top-quality products made by America's most trusted manufacturers such as Procter & Gamble, Kimberly Clark, Unilever, Kellogg's, General Mills, Nabisco, PepsiCo and Coca-Cola. Dollar General Corporation was founded in 1939 and is based in Goodlettsville, Tennessee.