CYH Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||0.19%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||1.909|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-91.84%|
|Net Income (TTM)||175.60M|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||84.89%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||0.13%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||0%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- Wells Fargo Cuts Health Management (HMA) to Market Perform, Community Health Deal Priced in Street Insider Dec 5
- Community Health Systems to Participate in The Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2013 Leveraged Finance Conference noodls Dec 2
- CMS lab reimbursement better than expected, says Wells Fargo Nov 29
- Health Management Stays Neutral Nov 25
- Obamacare Stock Pick: A Wall Street Transcript Interview with Willem Schilpzand, an Associate Portfolio Manager and Analyst at Alpine Capital Research Nov 25
- Health Management Stays Neutral - Analyst Blog Zacks Nov 25
- Community Health, Health Management announce S-4 declared effective by SEC Nov 23
- COMMUNITY HEALTH SYSTEMS INC Files SEC form 8-K, Other Events, Financial Statements and Exhibits Nov 22
- Community Health Systems and Health Management Associates Announce S-4 Filing Declared Effective by SEC Business Wire Nov 22
- Multiples don't fall off until 'real inflation': Larry Robbins Nov 22
CYH Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Community Health Systems is up 40.89% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 29.68%, HCA Holdings up 54.87%, and Health Management up 77.61%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for CYH
Pro Report PDF for CYH
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download CYH Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring CYH
Did Community Health Systems make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Community Health Systems, Inc. is publicly-traded operator of hospitals. It is the largest non-urban provider of general hospital healthcare services in the United States in terms of number of acute care facilities. It provides healthcare services through the hospitals that it owns and operates in non-urban and selected urban markets throughout the United States. The company provides services through its hospitals include general acute care, emergency room, general and specialty surgery, critical care, internal medicine, obstetrics, diagnostic, psychiatric and rehabilitation services. It owns physician practices, imaging centers and ambulatory surgery centers. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Quorum Health Resources, LLC, it provides management and consulting services to nonaffiliated general acute care hospitals located throughout the United States. The company operates in three distinct operating segments, represented by the hospital operations which includes the company's acute care hospitals and related healthcare entities that provide inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, the home care agencies operations which provide in-home outpatient care and the hospital management services business which provides executive management and consulting services to non-affiliated general acute care hospitals. After purchasing Triad, Inc., it divested itself of its interest in a facility in Ireland. The company was founded on March 1985 and is headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee.