CYH Key Stats
- Community Health Systems to Participate in Deutsche Bank 38th Annual Health Care... May 23
- COMMUNITY HEALTH SYSTEMS INC Files SEC form 8-K, Submission of Matters to a Vote... May 23
- Hospital firms say research tie-ups can clinch takeovers May 23
- DEALTALK-Hospital firms say research tie-ups can clinch takeovers May 23
- Community Health Systems Inc (CYH): Today's Featured Health Services Laggard May 21
- Trinity Wins!!! Alabama Supreme Court Rules In Favor Of Trinity Relocation PR Newswire May 17
- Community Health Systems to Participate in the UBS Global Healthcare Conference Business Wire May 15
- Hospitals Prepare to Cut Care in Medicaid Opt-Out States May 14
- Has Community Health Systems Made You Any Real Money? Fool May 14
- Hospital Stocks Have a Murky Prognosis May 13
CYH Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Community Health Systems is up 99.00% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 27.56%, HCA up 68.03%, and Health Management Associates up 69.44%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for CYH
Pro Report PDF for CYH
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download CYH Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring CYH
Did Community Health Systems make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Community Health Systems, Inc. is publicly-traded operator of hospitals. It is the largest non-urban provider of general hospital healthcare services in the United States in terms of number of acute care facilities. It provides healthcare services through the hospitals that it owns and operates in non-urban and selected urban markets throughout the United States. The company provides services through its hospitals include general acute care, emergency room, general and specialty surgery, critical care, internal medicine, obstetrics, diagnostic, psychiatric and rehabilitation services. It owns physician practices, imaging centers and ambulatory surgery centers. Through its wholly-owned subsidiary, Quorum Health Resources, LLC, it provides management and consulting services to nonaffiliated general acute care hospitals located throughout the United States. The company operates in three distinct operating segments, represented by the hospital operations which includes the company's acute care hospitals and related healthcare entities that provide inpatient and outpatient healthcare services, the home care agencies operations which provide in-home outpatient care and the hospital management services business which provides executive management and consulting services to non-affiliated general acute care hospitals. After purchasing Triad, Inc., it divested itself of its interest in a facility in Ireland. The company was founded on March 1985 and is headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee.