CXW Key Stats
- IRS Rethinking REIT Conversions Is Good News Fool Jun 14
- CCA Announces Addition to FTSE NAREIT Indices Marketwired Jun 14
- Here's 1 Reason Corrections Corporation of America Looks Weak Fool Jun 14
- Short Interest In Corrections Corporation of America Declines 26% Jun 13
- Vt. lawsuit spotlights privatization versus access Jun 13
- CORRECTIONS CORP OF AMERICA Files SEC form 8-K, Other Events Jun 13
- Stocks to Watch: Gannett, Belo, Safeway Jun 13
- TDCJ to Close Two CCA (CXW) Owned, Operated Facilities; Will Cease Wilkinson Ops Street Insider Jun 12
- CCA to Cease Operations of Certain Facilities Marketwired Jun 12
- Alternative REIT Strategies Jun 9
CXW Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Corrections Corporation of America is up 57.33% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 25.82%, Geo Group up 106.1%, and Iron Mountain up 0.60%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for CXW
Pro Report PDF for CXW
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download CXW Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring CXW
Did Corrections Corporation of America make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Corrections Corporation of America is a company that owns and manages private prisons and detention centers and operates others on a concession basis. The company is the largest private corrections company in the United States and manages more than 60 facilities with a designed capacity of 90,000 beds. The Company specializes in owning, operating and managing prisons and other correctional facilities and providing inmate residential and prisoner transportation services for governmental agencies. In addition to providing the fundamental residential services relating to inmates, CCA offers a variety of rehabilitation and educational programs, including basic education, life skills and employment training and substance abuse treatment. These services are intended to reduce recidivism and to prepare inmates for their successful re-entry into society upon their release. The Company also provides health care (including medical, dental and psychiatric services), food services and work and recreational programs. CCA, incorporated in 1983 by three businessmen with experience in government and corrections, is based in Nashville, Tennessee.