CLD Key Stats
- Cloud Peak seeks 198M ton coal lease in Montana Jun 17
- China Burns Half of World's Coal - Good or Bad for U.S. Producers? Fool Jun 17
- Cramer: The Greens See Just One Side Jun 17
- The Greens See Just One Side Jun 17
- Coal Industry Pins Hopes on Exports as U.S. Market Shrinks Jun 14
- Peabody Energy Carries Higher Expectations, But Solid Value Jun 14
- Cloud Peak Energy May Have A Steeper Road To Recovery Jun 14
- Met Coal Prices Near Bottom; Q313 Catalyst for Production Cuts (ANR) (ACI) (CNX) Street Insider Jun 13
- Power Generation Trends: Natural Gas And Coal Jun 12
- Is Coal Worth Looking At? Jun 12
CLD Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Cloud Peak Energy is up 18.52% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 25.82%, Peabody Energy Corporation down 28.41%, and Arch Coal down 27.63%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for CLD
Pro Report PDF for CLD
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download CLD Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring CLD
Did Cloud Peak Energy make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Cloud Peak Energy is one of the safest producers of low sulfur, high quality, subbituminous coal in the United States. Headquartered in Gillette, Wyoming, Cloud Peak Energy owns three Powder River Basin coal mines. Antelope and Cordero Rojo Mines are located in northeast Wyoming and the Spring Creek Mine is located in southeast Montana near Decker. With approximately 1,550 employees, the company is widely recognized for its exemplary performance in its safety and environmental programs. Cloud Peak Energy is a sustainable fuel supplier for approximately 4 percent of the nation’s electricity. The company was founded on July 31, 2008 and is headquartered in Gillette, Wyoming.