CHK Key Stats
- 5 American Cities With a Booming Manufacturing Industry Fool 1:15 PM
- Billionaire Mason Hawkins' Top Stock Picks 10:27 AM
- Natural Gas Vehicles Are Getting International Attention Fool 9:45 AM
- 3 Factors Keeping Oil Above $90 a Barrel Fool 9:03 AM
- Obamacare Looks Cheap Compared With This Policy Fool May 18
- The Best Fund Manager of the Decade Just Bought This Stock May 18
- Chevron Didn't Get Bailed Out Like ExxonMobil Fool May 18
- 1 Stock to Play the Marcellus Shale Fool May 18
- Iran Wants More Money From You Fool May 18
- How Long Will Heckmann's Competitive Advantage Last? May 17
CHK Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Chesapeake Energy is up 43.81% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 31.68%, SandRidge Energy down 13.98%, and Devon Energy down 2.93%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for CHK
Pro Report PDF for CHK
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download CHK Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring CHK
Did Chesapeake Energy make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Formed in 1989 with only 10 employees and $50,000 in capital, they have grown into the second-largest producer of natural gas, a Top 15 producer of oil and natural gas liquids and the most active driller of new wells in the U.S. Headquartered in Oklahoma City, the company's operations are focused on discovering and developing unconventional natural gas and oil fields onshore in the U.S. Chesapeake owns leading positions in the Barnett, Haynesville, Bossier, Marcellus and Pearsall natural gas shale plays and in the Granite Wash, Cleveland, Tonkawa, Mississippi Lime, Bone Spring, Avalon, Wolfcamp, Wolfberry, Eagle Ford, Niobrara, Three Forks/Bakken and Utica unconventional liquids plays. The company has also vertically integrated its operations and owns substantial midstream, compression, drilling, trucking, pressure pumping and other oilfield service assets.