BHP Key Stats
- BHP Billiton Could Be An Intriguing Income Investment May 20
- These Miners Are Decliners May 20
- Mining Giants Face Reality Of Soft Global Demand May 20
- What Strong Dollar? US Boom Provides Oil Hedge May 20
- Iron Ore: The Market and Main Players Fool May 20
- China’s weak economy will hit these stocks hardest May 20
- Is It Time to Invest in Australia? May 18
- Alcoa Defers Construction in Quebec Smelter May 17
- Cliffs Still Has a Long Way to Climb Fool May 17
- Alcoa Defers Construction in Quebec Smelter - Analyst Blog Zacks May 17
BHP Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). BHP Billiton is up 14.87% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 32.08%, Vale down 5.14%, and Rio Tinto up 7.42%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for BHP
Pro Report PDF for BHP
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download BHP Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring BHP
Did BHP Billiton make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified natural resources company. The Company operates nine customer sector groups (CSGs): petroleum, aluminium, base metals (including uranium), diamonds and specialty products, stainless steel materials, iron ore, manganese, metallurgical coal and energy coal. During the fiscal year ended June 30, 2010 (fiscal 2010), the Company realized an annual production volume of 158.56 million barrels of oil equivalent. During fiscal 2010, the company produced 1.2 million tonnes of aluminium. It also produced 13.9 million tonnes of bauxite and 3.8 million tonnes of alumina. On March 23, 2010, the Company completed the acquisition of Athabasca Potash Inc (API). In July 2011, BHP Billiton Limited acquired Petrohawk Energy Corp. In September 2011, the Company acquired Leighton Holdings Limited's Pilbara Contracting Unit. The company, formerly known as BHP Limited, was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.