BHP Key Stats
- Materion (MTRN) in Focus: Stock Moves 11% Higher Yahoo 03/07 06:20 ET
- Materion (MTRN) in Focus: Stock Moves 11% Higher - Tale of the Tape Zacks 03/07 02:57 ET
- BHP Billiton Launches Five Rivers Conservation Project noodls 03/06 18:41 ET
- Steel is Keeping this Miner Down Yahoo 03/06 12:51 ET
- Arrested For Insider Trading For Following Procedures, Carl Esprey's Story Yahoo 03/06 11:51 ET
- Asian stocks gain steam in last hour trade; Nikkei outperforms CNBC 03/06 02:04 ET
- Rio Tinto And Its Grave Future Outlook Yahoo 03/06 01:31 ET
- BHP Billiton: A Strong Buy - Analyst Blog Zacks 03/05 17:45 ET
- BHP Billiton: A Strong Buy Yahoo 03/05 16:46 ET
- Rio Tinto Diversifying Iron Ore Supply To China Yahoo 03/05 09:21 ET
BHP Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). BHP Billiton is down 6.69% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 24.37%, Rio Tinto up 7.88%, and Vale down 26.70%.
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for BHP
Pro Report PDF for BHP
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download BHP Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring BHP
Did BHP Billiton make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
- Sector: Basic Materials
- Industry: Industrial Metals & Minerals
- Headquarters Country: Australia
- Headquarters State/Province: N/A
- Incorporation Country: Australia
- Incorporation State/Province: N/A
BHP Billiton Limited is a diversified natural resources company. The Company operates nine customer sector groups (CSGs): petroleum, aluminium, base metals (including uranium), diamonds and specialty products, stainless steel materials, iron ore, manganese, metallurgical coal and energy coal. During the fiscal year ended June 30, 2010 (fiscal 2010), the Company realized an annual production volume of 158.56 million barrels of oil equivalent. During fiscal 2010, the company produced 1.2 million tonnes of aluminium. It also produced 13.9 million tonnes of bauxite and 3.8 million tonnes of alumina. On March 23, 2010, the Company completed the acquisition of Athabasca Potash Inc (API). In July 2011, BHP Billiton Limited acquired Petrohawk Energy Corp. In September 2011, the Company acquired Leighton Holdings Limited's Pilbara Contracting Unit. The company, formerly known as BHP Limited, was founded in 1885 and is headquartered in Melbourne, Australia.