BGG Key Stats
- NYSE stocks posting largest volume increases May 20
- Briggs & Stratton Corporation Powers Neighborhood Harmony PR Newswire May 20
- NYSE stocks posting largest percentage decreases May 16
- BRIGGS & STRATTON CORP Financials May 15
- BRIGGS & STRATTON CORP Files SEC form 10-Q, Quarterly Report May 8
- Machinery Stocks at Insanely Bad Prices Fool Apr 30
- Energy Saving Tips for Your Home noodls Apr 29
- Zacks Rank #5 Additions for Wednesday - Tale of the Tape Zacks Apr 24
- Husqvarna Profit Misses Analyst Estimates on Unfavorable Weather Apr 24
- BGG's 3Q Earnings Miss Est. Apr 22
BGG Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Briggs & Stratton Corporation is up 45.89% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 31.95%, CNH Global up 44.83%, and 3M up 36.73%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for BGG
Pro Report PDF for BGG
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download BGG Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring BGG
Did Briggs & Stratton Corporation make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Briggs & Stratton is the world's largest manufacturer of air-cooled gasoline engines primarily for outdoor power equipment. Current production averages 11 million engines per year. The company was founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin in 1908 and today is based in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin. Briggs & Stratton engines are commonly used on lawnmowers, as well as pressure washers, electrical generators, and a wide variety of other applications. Their original cast-iron engines were known for their durability, but the company's success was established following the development of lightweight aluminum engines in 1953. The aluminum engine was the perfect solution for the recently invented rotary lawnmower due to its lighter weight and lower cost. The company has developed a good reputation because of its independent central services distributors, low cost replacement parts and well designed service literature.