AWK Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-0.31%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||2.041|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-2.33%|
|Net Income (TTM)||365.05M|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||18.17%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||2.74%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- Pennsylvania American Water Announces New Western PA Managers noodls Dec 10
- California American Water President Robert Maclean Appointed to Executive Committee of the National Utilities Diversity Council noodls Dec 10
- 1 BIG Reason to Like This Tiny Water Utility Fool Dec 8
- California Water Chooses Monterey Desalination Plant Contractor Dec 6
- California American Water Selects CDM Constructors, Inc. to Design and Build Monterey Desalination Facility Business Wire Dec 6
- American Water Works Breaks Below 200-Day Moving Average - Notable for AWK Dec 4
- WTR Still on Expansion Mode - Analyst Blog Zacks Dec 4
- AWK Unit to Replace Aging Assets Dec 3
- American Water to Host Investor Conference on December 17, 2013 noodls Dec 3
- AWK Unit to Replace Aging Assets - Analyst Blog Zacks Dec 3
AWK Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). American Water Works is up 10.39% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 29.87%, Middlesex Water up 15.80%, and Connecticut Water Service up 7.82%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for AWK
Pro Report PDF for AWK
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download AWK Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring AWK
Did American Water Works make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
American Water (NYSE: AWK) is a public utility company that provides water and wastewater services to residential, commercial, industrial, public, and other customers operating in the United States and Canada. It was founded in 1886 as the American Water Works & Guarantee Company. In 1947 it was reorganized as American Water Works Company, Inc. The company was a subsidiary of the German-based RWE Group from 2001 to 2008, but the company was divested on April 23, 2008 in an IPO on the NYSE. With headquarters in Voorhees, New Jersey, American Water has about 8,000 employees and provides services to approximately 16.2 million people in 32 U.S. states and Ontario, Canada.