AWK Key Stats
- American Water Receives Ten National Awards for Excellence in Water Quality Business Wire May 22
- Should You Follow Gabelli In Terms Of Utility Sector Buys And Sells? May 21
- Quenching a Thirst for Water Utilities May 21
- 4 Stocks Going Ex-Dividend Tomorrow: PL, AWK, HBC, CMI May 21
- American Water Works Stock To Go Ex-dividend Tomorrow (AWK) May 21
- American Water Works Moves Up In Market Cap Rank, Passing Varian Medical Systems May 20
- Interesting AWK Put For July May 20
- AWK Upgrades Pittsburg Facility - Analyst Blog Zacks May 20
- AWK Upgrades Pittsburg Facility May 20
- AWK Ex-Dividend Reminder - 5/22/13 May 20
AWK Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). American Water Works is up 29.01% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 28.68%, American States Water up 50.68%, and Aqua America up 49.10%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for AWK
Pro Report PDF for AWK
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download AWK Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring AWK
Did American Water Works make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
American Water (NYSE: AWK) is a public utility company that provides water and wastewater services to residential, commercial, industrial, public, and other customers operating in the United States and Canada. It was founded in 1886 as the American Water Works & Guarantee Company. In 1947 it was reorganized as American Water Works Company, Inc. The company was a subsidiary of the German-based RWE Group from 2001 to 2008, but the company was divested on April 23, 2008 in an IPO on the NYSE. With headquarters in Voorhees, New Jersey, American Water has about 8,000 employees and provides services to approximately 16.2 million people in 32 U.S. states and Ontario, Canada.