ATO Key Stats
- Utility Industry Stock Outlook - June 2013 - Industry Outlook Zacks Jun 18
- Utility Industry Stock Outlook - June 2013 - Zacks Analyst Interviews Zacks Jun 18
- Crosstex Energy Prices Unit Issue Jun 13
- Crosstex Energy Prices Unit Issue - Analyst Blog Zacks Jun 13
- ONEOK to Dissolve Energy Services Jun 11
- ONEOK to Dissolve Energy Services - Analyst Blog Zacks Jun 11
- Atmos Energy Moves Up In Market Cap Rank, Passing PerkinElmer Jun 6
- ATO Stock Crowded With Sellers Jun 5
- Sempra Trims 2013 Expectation - Analyst Blog Zacks May 24
- Sempra Trims 2013 Expectation May 24
ATO Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Atmos Energy is up 24.16% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 25.82%, Chesapeake Utilities up 23.17%, and Southwest Gas Corporation up 13.33%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for ATO
Pro Report PDF for ATO
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download ATO Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring ATO
Did Atmos Energy make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Atmos Energy Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is the largest distributor of natural gas in the United States, serving 3.2 million customers nationwide. Atmos Energy also provides natural gas marketing and procurement services to industrial, commercial and municipal customers primarily in the Midwest and Southeast and manages company-owned natural gas pipeline and storage assets, including one of the largest intrastate natural gas pipeline systems in Texas. It operates in three segments: Natural Gas Distribution, Regulated Transmission and Storage, and Non Regulated. Atmos acquired TXU's natural gas and pipeline holdings in 2004. The company began as Energas in 1983, a spinoff of the natural gas distribution division of Pioneer Corporation. In 1988, the company changed its name to Atmos and began trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Atmos Energy is a Fortune 500 company. Atmos Energy is incorporated in Virginia and Texas. Atmos Energy Corporation was founded in 1906.