ANR Key Stats
- Stocks for Aggressive Value-Seekers May 21
- Finding the Right Company To Invest in This Industry May 20
- Alpha Natural Resources Said to Increase Loan to $625 Million May 20
- Here's What Billionaire John Paulson Has Been Buying May 18
- Patriot Coal Can Pay $6.9 Million in Executive Bonuses May 16
- Wall Street Whale Watching May 16
- Whales: What the Billionaires Are Buying May 16
- Did Monday’s Market Moving Downgrades Create a Buying Opportunity May 16
- Did Monday’s Market Moving Downgrades Create a Buying Opportunity Fool May 15
- 5 Commodity Stocks Moving On News May 14
ANR Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Alpha Natural Resources is down 38.22% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.69%, Arch Coal down 26.85%, and Peabody Energy Corporation down 13.02%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Pro Ratings for ANR
Pro Report PDF for ANR
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download ANR Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring ANR
Did Alpha Natural Resources make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Alpha Natural Resources is a large American producer of metallurgical and thermal coal. It also provides services relating to equipment repairs, road construction and logistics (terminals). It doesn't produce all of the coal it sells, some is purchased and resold. The company has the production capacity of nearly 126 million tons of steam and metallurgical coal. Steam coal is primarily purchased by large utilities and industrial customers as fuel for electricity generation and manufacturing, and metallurgical coal is used primarily to make coke, a key component in the steel making process. It produces, processes and sells steam and metallurgical coal from approximately 150 active mines and 40 coal preparation plants located throughout Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Wyoming. Clients include electricity producers and steel manufacturers (metallurgical coal is used industrially while thermal is the form of coal used to generate power). The 2009 takeover of Foundation Coal also gave it the Cumberland Mine Railroad to transport coal in Pennsylvania. Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. was founded in 2004 and is based in Abingdon, Virginia.