ANR Key Stats
|Revenue (Quarterly YoY Growth)||-27.10%|
|EPS Diluted (TTM)||-3.988|
|EPS Diluted (Quarterly YoY Growth)|
|Net Income (TTM)||-882.29M|
|Gross Profit Margin (Quarterly)||-4.58%|
|Profit Margin (Quarterly)||-38.47%|
|Dividend Yield (TTM)||0%|
|Payout Ratio (TTM) Pro||Go Pro|
- Here's What Should Save the Coal Industry Fool Dec 4
- This Coal Miner Will Remain Under Pressure Fool Dec 4
- Building the Waiting List The Street Dec 3
- Is Cliffs Natural Resources Destined for Greatness? Fool Nov 30
- The Return Of King Coal And The Coal Stocks To Play A Rebound Seeking Alpha Nov 29
- Investing in Coal? Follow What Companies Do, Not What They Say Fool Nov 28
- Peabody's Coal Is Still Worth Your Time Fool Nov 27
- Alpha Natural (ANR), Walter Energy (WLT) Targets Cut at Goldman Sachs; Arch Coal (ACI) Called Top Sell Idea Street Insider Nov 26
- ANR Makes Notable Cross Below Critical Moving Average Forbes Nov 26
- Coal Industry Stock Outlook - Nov 2013 - Industry Outlook Zacks Nov 26
ANR Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Alpha Natural Resources is down 7.87% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 30.02%, Arch Coal down 33.68%, and Peabody Energy down 24.91%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Balance Sheet View Statement
Pro Ratings for ANR
Pro Report PDF for ANR
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download ANR Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring ANR
Did Alpha Natural Resources make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Alpha Natural Resources is a large American producer of metallurgical and thermal coal. It also provides services relating to equipment repairs, road construction and logistics (terminals). It doesn't produce all of the coal it sells, some is purchased and resold. The company has the production capacity of nearly 126 million tons of steam and metallurgical coal. Steam coal is primarily purchased by large utilities and industrial customers as fuel for electricity generation and manufacturing, and metallurgical coal is used primarily to make coke, a key component in the steel making process. It produces, processes and sells steam and metallurgical coal from approximately 150 active mines and 40 coal preparation plants located throughout Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Pennsylvania and Wyoming. Clients include electricity producers and steel manufacturers (metallurgical coal is used industrially while thermal is the form of coal used to generate power). The 2009 takeover of Foundation Coal also gave it the Cumberland Mine Railroad to transport coal in Pennsylvania. Alpha Natural Resources, Inc. was founded in 2004 and is based in Abingdon, Virginia.