AFFX Key Stats
- Commit To Purchase Affymetrix At $2.50, Earn 17.1% Annualized May 29
- CFO Moves: Tellabs, Affymetrix, QLogic May 20
- AFFYMETRIX INC Files SEC form 8-K, Change in Directors or Principal Officers May 20
- Affymetrix CFO Barabe to retire in June AP May 20
- Affymetrix (AFFX) Names Gavin Wood as CFO Street Insider May 20
- Affymetrix Appoints Gavin Wood as Executive Vice President and Chief Financial O... May 20
- Enzo Biochem's Intellectual Property Protection To Attract Investor Attention In... May 13
- AFFYMETRIX INC Files SEC form 8-K, Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security H... May 10
- Affymetrix Reports Disappointing 1Q - Analyst Blog Zacks May 2
- AFFYMETRIX INC Files SEC form 10-Q, Quarterly Report May 1
AFFX Total Returns Comparison
This total returns chart shows the returns to an investor from both price appreciation and dividends (dividends are assumed to be reinvested). Affymetrix is down 20.08% over the last year vs S&P 500 Total Return up 23.89%, Life Technologies up 71.19%, and Illumina up 70.63%.
Fundamental analysis of a business involves analyzing its financial statements and health, its management and competitive advantages. The key financial statements of a company are the income statement, balance sheet and cash flow statement.
Income Statement View Statement
Pro Ratings for AFFX
Pro Report PDF for AFFX
Download Pro Ratings, Key Stats, Performance Charts, Valuations, and Financials in an easy to print format.Download AFFX Pro Report PDF
Pro Strategies Featuring AFFX
Did Affymetrix make it into our Pro Portfolio Strategies?
Start your YCharts Pro membership now to find out.
Affymetrix is an American company that manufactures DNA microarrays; it is based in Santa Clara, California, United States. The company was founded by Dr. Stephen Fodor in 1992. It began as a unit in Affymax N.V. in 1991 by Fodor's group, which had in the late 1980s developed methods for fabricating DNA microarrays, called "GeneChips" according to the Affymetrix trademark, using semiconductor manufacturing techniques. The company's first product, an HIV genotyping GeneChip, was introduced in 1994 and the company went public in 1996. As a result of its pioneering work and the ensuing popularity of microarray products, Affymetrix derives significant benefit from its patent portfolio in this area.